SAU Community

My New Wheels

Personally, not a fan of those wheels - reminds me of alot of the "JDM modfied pro racer spec" Honda Civics out there. I would of gone for something thick spokes, possible dish depends or just kept with the standard wheels. I would of also gone for something like shadow chrome, silver, dark bronze or dark grey - single tone; not two tone - would go well with the blue much nicer and be more subtle looking.

Other than that, definitely needs to be lowered - atleast to about just barely above the tyre; preferably have the tyre slightly under the guard. And as someone else mention - sideskirts would compliment the rear diffuser and front lip real nicely. Overall, bar the wheels the car looks mega hot :thumbsup:

thanks vu! ok i now give it an 8.5 outta 10 :D

The car as it is looks a bit out of whack, purely due to the lack of sideskirts and also lowering..the wheels look ok but personally, if I have a 60k car I would have spent an additional 2-3k on some decent forged jap wheels...these wheels are a bit of a downgrade from your factory ones IMO.

if I have a 60k car I would have spent an additional 2-3k on some decent forged jap wheels...these wheels are a bit of a downgrade from your factory ones IMO.

Very true! The factory GTR rims look heaps better than these.

This is just my opinion, as you asked, so don't worry too much...

I think those wheels look like horrible, cheap, Tempe Tyre spec wheels. Definitely not suited to a tough GTR like that, imo some quality Jap wheels would look 100 x better. But hey, just my opinion, so if you're happy with the wheels thats all that matters.

Sorry but I agree. U shud have got some good Jap rims.

A car like that deserves them, the rims arnt doing it any justice

looks good, i like the colour combo BUT....

china cast < forged jap rims

especially on a GTR, on a gtst you may get away with it, but this is like removing a pitbull's balls and replacing it with a set from a chihuahua

china cast < forged jap rims

You know where your "jap" wheels are made, right? basically the point your trying to make is build quality?

Personally I think jap wheels are overrated. I was originally considering volk gtc's but your looking at a 10-12 week wait min while they come from japan, no thanks. That and the fact every 2nd GTR has either volk te37's or gtc's anyway, id rather something different myself.

The wheels I got now weigh basically the same, were in stock in aus and cost me probably an easier $2k less. Ive never felt the need to buy the most expensive thing just for the sake of bragging rights, to me i prefer value for money. My wheels still have a warranty and aint exactly gonna fall apart, dont affect the ride in the car so why not?

People ranting about jap wheels remind me alot about women with things like genuine louis vitton bags vs non genuine, no one can tell the difference except its only the ones who paid a couple hundred for a hand bag complaning, and they're usually the ones who are broke, probably from the fact they rather pay top dollar then settle for value :P

Thats my 2c, but hey who am I :D Either way thanks for your comments! :(

you can spot quality rims from non-quality ones a mile away and so is the case with the rims you got im affraid.

dont get me wrong, i love the look of em and they suit the car colour etc but yeah... if i was driving a r34 gtr i'd only wanna treat it to the very best :P

at the end of the day it all comes down to you, as long as your happy with them :D

Personally, I'm not a fan of these rims too... the stock GTR ones are sexy as or get the Works ones... and it desparately needs to be dumped...

The R34 GTR VSPEC is my next car in 2010 so thanks for giving me some inspiration.