SAU Community

Cylinder No. 6 Not Firing!

Rowdy

G'day guys,

i picked up my new skyline (r32GTST with bigger turbo[10psi], FMIC, exhaust and intake.) last week and now its time to sort out the problems.

spent all morning trying to pinpoint why exactly the sixth cylinder is not firing. Tested for spark, and its fine. compression is fine.

i swappd the coils and plugs over to make sure, but the problem stayed with No.6. I verified this by disconnectig the No.6 coil

plug at idle and it made no difference to how the engine ran. . . so then i took the spark plug ot of No.6 and ran the engine. i

couldnt smell any fuel coming from the cylinder...

so this makes me think its a fuelling problem. am i right? or are there more tests i should do? if not, how do i test the fuel system?

lol where do i go from here :)

Thanks guys any help is appreciated!

Rowdy.

From what i can tell you said it has spark on all 6, and you have isolated it to number 6 as there is no change when the coil pack is not connected. So you are right in thinking it may be likely to be a fueling issue. Next check to make sure you have injector signal pulse on number 6. If you have pulse then it has to be the injector itself. There are special 'Noid' lights that plug directly into the injector plug and a light in them flashes to identify the pulse. If you can't get one of them i'd say you could use a test light.

• 4 months later...