SAU Community

State Roads Inspection

Yes

They picked up the small dents in the car (now fixed) and some other nice pick ups I would have missed, however their idea of near perfect interior left a lot to be desired.

Cool. It sounds like they do have some experience in body work and such.

But what about mechanical and engine wise?

Yes

They picked up the small dents in the car (now fixed) and some other nice pick ups I would have missed, however their idea of near perfect interior left a lot to be desired.

But what about mechanical and engine wise?

Well the guy seems to know at least the basics. I could not point to anything that has since gone wrong that they should have picked up on.

Remember every person who inspects a car is different. My choice was a local NRMA authorised fellow from the Ford dealership or driving a specalised inspector down from State Roads. I did not see any difference in inspection from previous NRMA inspections, but State Roads were able to email me the inspection etc the same day.

• 2 months later...

I have had 2 cars inspected by them recently. They are definitely worth using but the seller will tend to deny anything thats picked up so you cant get further information about why a respray has happened or why the back tyres are bald etc.

They will pick up on things you will miss but they will also miss atleast 1 thing.

In my case they picked up cosmetic repairs but said it woulda been a scratch and not an impact, but I noticed before the inspection that the same panel was slightly inconsistent compared to the other side which suggests a bingle as oppose to just a scratch, maybe I am wrong though but the owner was tight lipped(complete denial) so it must of been an impact.

Another car they completely skipped the dirty condition of where the doors met the body in between the seals, but picked up on a lot of other things.

Cosmetically you could pick up on anything they could apart from a really good respray without bodywork or things under the chassis, it would just take you 4 times longer to do.

They are familiar with models and what are model specific characteristics(Nissan have noisy 1st gears), but the 2 mechanics standards differed so average for one mechanic could be good for another.

Edited by NissanFan