SAU Community

Dam Epa

Gazzilla

Guys, that's not how the dB system works.

it's not a linear measure, an increase of 3dB represents a doubling of sound energy - eg 2x100dB cars doesn't equal 200dB, they'll make 103dB.

so geraus, 87.9 is a comfortable pass.

thanks for the clarification.

Just use this change to get a proper quiet/flowing exhaust made

spending money on a "fix" IMO is dead money.

Sell the exhaust you have, put that (and the "fix" money) towards the new quiet one and never have a problem again.

No swapping etc. Time is money both literally and laterally in fuel cost and time off work, swapping etc.

Over the course of 2-3-4-5-6 EPA's you'll soon see that doing it when you should have was cheaper.

I used to do the whole swap the exhaust thing. End of the day its a pain in the arse after a while :)

i agree; but is there a manufactured exhaust out there on the market (say, mid and rear mufflers only) which has great flow and very little restriction that stays under the 90dB limit? shoving a heap of mufflers in an exhaust will only kill performance.

How much am i looking at to get a 3.5" made with 2 mufflers? or how much did u pay?.. The Lads at Nisswreck say they can fix me up with a Stock ECU and airbox. (thnx for offer R34NRG). so that is sorted. So its just the Plumback i gotta get. might buy Dezz's one, if still for sale.

thnx again blokes.

Hey guys

Sorry to hijack but i will be going for a full test in the next week or so.

I have changed everything to standard form except for my dr Drift remap ECU and r33 turbo.

Will they pick up on this or make me change these two mods?

Cheers Adrian...

Hey guys , I have a 3 1/4 inch apexi dump pipe from the turbo to the cat , and then a 3 1/4 Jasma system with 2 mufflers ! Quiet as ! ! !

Hey gazzilla... just a thought... if you did want to keep your pfc ecu in there (without the commander) why not just unscrew the front of it if you can? and replace with a standard plate... I have a spare r33 ecu lying around and if you want to borrow the front plate feel free... they wouldn't know serial numbers/etc would they?

Get this;

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product...t=27&page=1

and this;

http://xforce.com.au.tmp.anchor.net.au/cars/view_car/29

I can vouch for the muffler, the car sounds quieter than my girlfriend's Corolla when the valve is closed.

Other then the fact both of those are illegal i cant see any reason not to fit them...

• 2 weeks later...
hey i just got my EPA about 2motnsh ago! i had a pod filter, turbo back 3inch exhaust greddy catback with a greddy 3'inch dump pipe and a 3inch high flow... I took off my PE II Extreme and chucked on my OEM catback to the greddy trust dump pipe and JUst passed! 87.9 . So if i was u dude, chuck back on the catback!

When i had to present my r33 to EPA, i put back the standard catback, but left my high flow cat, aftermarket dump and front pipe on, and it made 86db. So u have no cahnce

quite a few of us here got done lol.. when igot done i had microtech ltx12s 550c inj ,3 1/2 turbo back exaust. ext w/gate. high mount gt35r turbo etc. put it all back to stock. the guy at mcleods sits ur car on the spot revvs it up and down and while doin this plugs in his own type of data logger into a lume in ur car which is located underneath the dash under the steering column which gives out readings so they can tell if its facory they go by factory specs give or take 5 % up or down etc. but theyre not all that bad just doing there job...

When i had to present my r33 to EPA, i put back the standard catback, but left my high flow cat, aftermarket dump and front pipe on, and it made 86db. So u have no cahnce