SAU Community

Walbro Gss-342 Fuel Pump Rb20 - Requires Wire Cutting?

not sure on a 32 but on a 33 you either can solder the stock clamps that the screw usually goes through onto the fuel pump or cut it off and buy clamps that would go over the walbro fuel pumps prongs either way its abit of a hassle

yeah i just received my pump and the walbro uses a plug... its pretty much the same thing as normal.

daxter: i was advised by a workshop to get either the 342 or 341.

from NS http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:gO_tK...mp;client=opera

"The GSS-341 and GSS-342 are the exact same pump mechanically and in flow rates. The only difference is that the GSS-342 has the inlet on 180degrees rotated on the other side, ie: left as opposed to right, so the inlet and outlet are in line."

yeah i just received my pump and the walbro uses a plug... its pretty much the same thing as normal.

daxter: i was advised by a workshop to get either the 342 or 341.

from NS http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:gO_tK...mp;client=opera

"The GSS-341 and GSS-342 are the exact same pump mechanically and in flow rates. The only difference is that the GSS-342 has the inlet on 180degrees rotated on the other side, ie: left as opposed to right, so the inlet and outlet are in line."

ahhh ok, I guess ether one is fine, I was told to get the GSS-341 :woot:

Did you get the fitting kit too? (400-766) that should make it real easy to fit.

i got everything i needed; clamps, tube and crimps

to be honest i thought it was a more annoying install than the bosch because the pump doesn't fit back in with the filter on (as i took the whole assembly right out of the tank and did it)

in the end the pump didn't fix my problems so it was all a waste of money and time. damn fumes :)

i got everything i needed; clamps, tube and crimps

to be honest i thought it was a more annoying install than the bosch because the pump doesn't fit back in with the filter on (as i took the whole assembly right out of the tank and did it)

in the end the pump didn't fix my problems so it was all a waste of money and time. damn fumes :O

Yeah those fumes are crazy, my car is going to smell like gas for a few weeks :D

I'm not sure I understand your problem? It should all slot straight back up easy.

• 3 weeks later...

I crimp and solder every connection. Be aware the plastic shroud on most crimp ends will degrade in fuel, so just remove. 12v wont readily bridge a gap, just double check your solder connections.

...in the end the pump didn't fix my problems so it was all a waste of money and time. damn fumes :)

What are the issues you experiencing, that the new pump didn't fix?

Just got my walbro is it safe to crimp the wires inside of the fuel cell just dont want it sparking and blowing up lol?

Crimping is fine if done correctly but generally soldering is preferred, just make sure you use shrink sleeve :)