SAU Community

Second Water Pump Failier?

hey all

about a week ago my original water pump started leaking from the drainer hole thingy.

so i went off to the wreckers and bought a new one.

after the fkn hassel of taking off timing belt, harmonic balancer (took agesss to find the right HB puley remover) and all other other crap i finally changed the water pump...

put my new alim rad in, flushed the engine for 20 mins and all the rest of it, topped the coolant then SAME THING STARTED leaking!!

again, from the drainer hole.

my question is, was it just realllly bad luck to get a dogey water pump or is there something wrong?

if it is a dogey water pump, im definately going to buy a brand new one (if i knew it was going to be that much of a headache taking all that crap off i would have done it in the first place).

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

yeah sorry it was a second hand pump. its leaking from the drainer hole from the bottom of the pump (exact same place the old one was leaking from)

keep in mind it started leaking the day i installed it, didnt even get to drive the car :)

should i invest an extra $30 in a n1 pump, or will the 50mm aluminum rad be enough to keep the temps down?

just started my pre apprenticeship bry, working 2 5 hour security shifts on weekend, just paid 12months reg n insurance, was strapped this week, needed car running... :(

cant wait till i actually start doing shit.

You don't even need one man, its a factory option

20s don't run one.. pfft weak ass 25s.. pfft

ohh true abu, i should just weld a 0.5mm tin sheet over where the pump should go yeah?

oh also i got aria forgies for my 13bt

:(

ohh true abu, i should just weld a 0.5mm tin sheet over where the pump should go yeah?

oh also i got aria forgies for my 13bt

:(

ah you wouldn't be in all this mess if you had a 20 like a true r32 owner

arias forgies suck, I went all out CP forgies with spool rods, extensive head work and solid lifters in my old 13BT

ah you wouldn't be in all this mess if you had a 20 like a true r32 owner

arias forgies suck, I went all out CP forgies with spool rods, extensive head work and solid lifters in my old 13BT

you should invest in some procrams and cams gears for that rotor! really get that thing revving! :D

Unless you have a problem with them, I work at repco, I put a brand new GMB water pump for a RB30 on my 26 and its fine. Handles anything I can throw at it. I run stock rad, 16 PSI and it runs cooler then the stock pump did.

It cost me very little. What it costs the public I dont know, shouldnt be too much. If it was over 150 bucks id be very surprised.

question, if a mechanic works on ur car after they have been supplied with a part from a wrecker, and that part is faulty and the mechanic charges me extra for fitting/removing/fitting a new part, can i forward that invoice to the wrecker?

You can try but I dont think you will get to far. They will probably tell you it wasnt installed properly.

I wasnt even aware people sold second hand water pumps to be honest =/