SAU Community

Tuning Your Car

mlyf16

Hi all Just wondering if anyone here in melbourne have an Innovate LM-1 or any tuning tool willing to rent their gizzmo / Im looking at DIY tune, to get to the know how.

My only question is do I need another hole and bung welded for the wideband sensor?

I believe the LM-01 has the ability to simulate narrow band outputs. You could do that. However, Most wide band do not like excessive heat, unlike their narrow band brothers, and can foul up easily. I would suggest that you weld in a second O2 bung midway between the turbo and the cat. This way you will not get incorrect readings from the sensor getting too hot, and falling out of calibration, nor will you get a delayed readout from having a sniffer tube up the exhaust pipe.

Recalibration of the wideband sensors can be done by yourself, but it is time consuming. They are something that you use for tuning, etc and remove as the sensors can be damaged if they are used continually like the narrowbands.

Hope that helps.

evo DIY tuning FTW :D i have an innovate LC-1 no

put the sensor about 1 meter from the turbo but before the cat (as the cat will change the reading slightly).

a bung will need to be welded to put the sensor, and it has to be between 10 and 2 O clock position.

recalibration takes about 1-2 mins... but best to pull the sensor out of the exhaust so that it calibrates from clean air, taking the sensor out will take longer as you may need to jack the car up. recalibration only needs to be done approx 2 times a year at the max, for a turbo daily driven car.

keep the sensor powered all the times the car is running.

on a cold/humid morning do not keep the ign (sensor powered) while the car is not running.

once installed and as long as you obey the above instructions the sensor can last for a couple of years without problem in a daily driven car.

buy one from the states, due to aussie dollar it should cost about $250-300 to get one delivered.... depending on dyno prices it might just be cheaper to get proper dyno time than an LC1. unless you are inclined to fiddle a lot. plus the sensors are a little fragile and can die.

EDIT: just found that the LM1 will be supersceeded by LM2 so currently you can pickup a new LM1 for $280USD plus postage.

http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IN-3723