SAU Community

Spark Plugs

stagpower

hey peeps,i am going to put my splitfires in tomorrow and would like to change the plugs at same time,just wondering if someone can tell me a part number and best type for s1 stag,if someone posts a part number please tell me what brand/type (iridium) etc,thanks in advance

Gotta say it.......USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. There are a million threads about this and they are listed in the "Stagea Parts Thread"

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St...ist-t61606.html

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sp...;hl=spark+plugs

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sp...gs-t104405.html

There that took me a couple of mins to find these previous threads amongst about 100 others.

Trust me it will save you a good flamming :thumbsup:

And these would go for any RB25DET.

ok i have been through the links and the parts list,the splitfire instructions i got say it is essential to change plugs as well to one colder heat range in conjuction to other mods(pod,exhaust,chips etc) and must be a resistor type, of the spark plug thread,which one would be suitable for the splitfires...

hey dude

I strongly recommend NGK BCPR6E

They are a 0.8mm pregapped, copper, v-groove plug. They are fine up to slightly over 300rwkw odd

only $3.00 each, change from a $20.

will last as long as your tyres, get good spark being copper and .8mm

I use these, for 2 yrs I used stock coil packs that had hi-temp industrial silicone sealant all around them to help stop wasted spark, but changed to my splitifres i got for chrissy recently. didnt change plugs as the current bcpr6e set is only 5000 thou old.

feels real nice with these $19 plugs and splitfire coilpacks, idles very well, pulls well too with no breakdown

hey dude

I strongly recommend NGK BCPR6E

They are a 0.8mm pregapped, copper, v-groove plug. They are fine up to slightly over 300rwkw odd

only $3.00 each, change from a $20.

will last as long as your tyres, get good spark being copper and .8mm

I use these, for 2 yrs I used stock coil packs that had hi-temp industrial silicone sealant all around them to help stop wasted spark, but changed to my splitifres i got for chrissy recently. didnt change plugs as the current bcpr6e set is only 5000 thou old.

feels real nice with these $19 plugs and splitfire coilpacks, idles very well, pulls well too with no breakdown

cheers mate that is the exact answer i was looking for,luckily i couldnt make it to coventrys to pick up the $135 set of platinum!! so cheers

i have had no luck finding plugs,the car is in the garage with everything off but the only plugs i could find were a $130 set of platinum...i have been asking around and trying to get the bcpr6e with one colder heat range but if TANGLES has had no problems then i will stick with the 6's.has anyone got splitifres?what plugs were you using? heat range?

i have had no luck finding plugs,the car is in the garage with everything off but the only plugs i could find were a $130 set of platinum...i have been asking around and trying to get the bcpr6e with one colder heat range but if TANGLES has had no problems then i will stick with the 6's.has anyone got splitifres?what plugs were you using? heat range?

Hi

I have splitfires and i am using laser platinum plugs (PFR5G-11) gaped at .8 with no problum although i have been toled i should be using PFR6G-11

I get mine from motor traders here in SA

in fact I have a new set of 6 on my shelf here atm.

its not so much the "6" heat range, but the copper and .8mm gap

7 heat range would suffice for sure

with splitfires either or, just make sure 0.8mm gap, copper is as good as anything else.

Hi

I have splitfires and i am using laser platinum plugs (PFR5G-11) gaped at .8 with no problum although i have been toled i should be using PFR6G-11

are they a platinum? if so the guy who i spoke to yesterday who owns several drag/drift cars told me to stay away from platinum in turbo cars,apparently due to the tip being different they cant handle boost and play up very easily. or would the platinum version be a pfr6g-11OE??

The plugs in question (PFR5G-11)have don five sesions (100 lapes aprox at 12psi) at qld raceway and four dino sesions as well as doing the normal daily drive. I have just now replaced them after about 70.000 k only because my fuel pump gave up the gost and i thort it a good idear to replace them. Even though the engine had run lean for a short time the plugs were stil in good shape.