SAU Community

Guns, Gangs And Hoons

R33_Rob

On the front page of the courier mail (which im sure most of you have seen) the headline reads, GUNS, GANGS and HOONS

The write up in the Qweekend section basically talks about fights and stabbings at the gold coast and doesn't give any reference to cars or hoons, like the headline proclaims.

Just thought its worth a mention

from the always awesome wikipedia

The term "Hoon" was first used in Australia at the turn of the 20th century where it referred to a man living off immoral earnings [1] (i.e. a pimp). The origin of its current usage is currently unknown but is widely believed to be a shortened form of "hooligan" [2]. In more recent times it has been used to describe any young male or female who drives in a manner which is anti-social towards the standards of modern day society. Generally, a hoon is any person who drives any vehicle dangerously and/or fast.

Perhaps the author was using the hoon term in its old fashioned meaning.

from the always awesome wikipedia

The term "Hoon" was first used in Australia at the turn of the 20th century where it referred to a man living off immoral earnings [1] (i.e. a pimp). The origin of its current usage is currently unknown but is widely believed to be a shortened form of "hooligan" [2]. In more recent times it has been used to describe any young male or female who drives in a manner which is anti-social towards the standards of modern day society. Generally, a hoon is any person who drives any vehicle dangerously and/or fast.

Perhaps the author was using the hoon term in its old fashioned meaning.

Guess I'm oldfashioned, I like my words to be used in the correct context and true to their definitions.

Just another bastardisation of the english language, As if wikipedia should be allowed to "add" definitions to the English language.

But being a local slang word, I'll let it slip :thumbsup:

Edited by madbung

perhaps we should all form gangs, get guns and do more illegal things just to fit in with their bullshit stories?

SAU reppin' :cheers: lol

dibs on being major gun runner lol

I think we all learnt from CS that glock = fail. :)

+1

.50 Desert Eagle - Get Your Point Across :(

ill take 2 :)

SAU QLD MEET UP NEXT WEEKEND - BYO GUNS AND AMMO

:(

so do we just bring ours mouths n cars?? lol :)

f**king paperatzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: