SAU Community

Apex'i Power FC v's Greddy E-mannage

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by netrati

I just went to a HKS sponsered drag race a few weeks ago. Guess how many GTRs has a emanage? 0 I'm not dissing the emanage I just hardly ever see them. This is what I don't understand though. The emanage can only change the a/f ratio for 5 different RPMS, the S-AFC2 can change it for like 11 or 12 RPM levels.

maybe they are too new, if u are looking at those BIG hp drag car, it's hard to see SAFC as well.

I have a friend who own a 400hp@wheel Aristo V300 using a

E-manage and he is happy with it.

Hiya Adzmax - They can be mapped on a H/C but it's limited in it's options and only shows you a small part of the overall map (3d picture of your cars fueling etc). A Laptop is the best way to map a PFC as you get the whole map, more options and is easier to use if you've changed injectors or fuel pump.

I'm not the expert on PFC mapping, this is what I've been told by several tuners in the UK. This is why I've had trouble getting my GTT PFC mapped.

PS Having a black GTT like yours I can REALLY recommend nismo clear front & side winkers (indicators or whatever you call them). They look great. Have a look at my website to see my GTT with them on.

• 1 year later...

All this info is mind blowing, You really know your stuff.

I recently bought a skyline from the Vic boarder and drove it to Syd. Excellent car compared to what i used to have, VR SS Commodore.

Im thinking of getting a front mount intercooler over my holidays but I saw on EBAY a Greddy trust Emanage ECU for around $450 and APEXI S-AFC II Digital super vafc for about $430.

Firstly as you know your stuff, which is a better system and would i get any noticable increases in power from my R33.

Its those rex's in my area that is starting to agravate me. I have no time for them.

cg :ufo:

Simple stuff;

If the car is a manual get a Power FC

If the car is an auto get an SAFC

The EManage is a piggy back, so you have all the limitations of the standard ECU. But by the time you option it up it costs more than a Power FC (FC= Full Computer), which has no such limitations.

I have not found anyone who can use an EManage to control ignition on an auto, so the SAFC does the fuel adjustments just as well as the EManage but at much lower cost.

:)