SAU Community

Wastegates

Hey guys, im looking to do some upgrades on my r33 gts-t. I'm wondering what size (mm) wastegate i should use with a stock turbo. Also if i get a wastegate would i have to use a new maifold, topmount? :D:thumbsup::D:banana::banana:

more research again, two very poor shocking turbos to use :)

Plenty of good, low mounted (read bolt on, and cheaper as a consequence) turbos on the market that will make the same power, but with much better response.

Also read the Forced Induction section (if you must go down that road), there is a thread about wastegates in the FI Guide

i have got a t3/t4 turbo and thta works fine and i have got a hks 50mm wastegate running that and i have had no problems with that turbo! i have got a friend making over 400kw and he is using two t3/t4 turbos so i reckon they are great turbos to use!!!!!!!

Edited by madevo3

Its not that they cant make power it's the way they make power. As Nismoid said theres other turbos on the market that will make the same power as the T3/T4 but use less boost in doing so and also be more responsive.

My skyline has a factory fitted T3/T4 (1987) so 20 years on you'd assume technology has stepped up a bit?

the t3/t4s i know are bloody old technology, opt for something newer to get better gains, better efficiency etc etc... ( save spending money on a wastegate and new manifold, and put it towards a nice responsive garret.

ben...

What's with everyone having T3/T4 turbos on their car these days? Is there a sale on at supercheap for $50 turbo's or something?

To answer your question though, something like a 38mm wastegate will be more then enough and obviously you will need an exhaust manifold made for an external gate.