SAU Community

Spark Plug Problem

Chi100188

Hey guys i just noticed that one of my spark plug holes is cross threaded i read on the general maintenance that it happened to some peeps the guy said he got some dude to come in and use an adaptor to put the plug back in its position ? so does anyone know peeps that can fix threads or have any ideas how i can fix it without taking the head off ?

Cheers

Chi

I'm pretty sure i've read about a business called the 'thread doctor' or something like that. If i remember correctly, it was a mobile business where the guys come to you.

I'm not sure what state it was in though!

Get a BIG hammer....jokes. But seriously i dunno sorry! :P I am sure you could get a tap and die set and do it yourself, just find out what thread your plugs use then get the right tap

you also may want to look into a TIME-SERT, which i think is pretty much the same or another name for an adaptor which is better than a helicoil.

there is a place called coventry group ltd. i think they are in you area. they may be able to supply you with something but i dunno if they will install it.

some info on time-serts

http://www.timesert.com/