SAU Community

Hks Exhaust For S2

briggsey

I was just looking through Just Jap and found the HKS Hi Power 409 cat back exhuast system, seems decent to me but was wondering is there actually any difference between the S1 and S2 exhaust??, lengthwise and such,

hi mate im only going to say it because someone else probably will but maybe do a search through the threads,im sure iv seen a few on this and i think they came to a conclusion that s1 and s2 are different,cheers

Cheers mate, i did a search before posting didn't really find too much to help, but now i know they're different.

stagpower, yer im in mandurah WA, Mine is silver with chrome 18's.

with a missing rear bumper and crappy 3" pipe out the back, hence looking at cat backs again.

How about you?

They are different but the differences should be very minor, different mounting points etc, so any exhaust shop could fit a S2 exhaust to S1 and vice versa with little trouble.

I have the HKS Silent Hi-Power cat back on my S2. The exhast is made for a S1 (I don't think Just Jap carry the S2 system, that's where I bought it from).

I think the angle of the rear section is slightly different between them. The tip sits to the left of the cutout in the bumper, rather than in the center. I also had to put about 15mm of spacers between the rear muffler mount, so the tip wouldn't hit the bumper. Not a big problem.

The length of the pipes may be also slightly different, mine can be a little boomy at lower revs (something to do with resonant frequencies, I think).