SAU Community

Need your opinion on cars

Hey everyone again

I need to know what you would choose between there 2 cars and why also if anyone has experience with either car what does it cost to run each week approx. A non turbo nissan silvia or a 1.8l 1997-onwards mitsubishi lancer. I cant decide which to get for my first car.

I like the silvia cause it has a bit of power and it sounds like a fun RWD 4cyl. Whereas the lancer i like cause i can whack on a EVO 7 or so body kit and make it look real good. Let me know what u think.

thanks in advance nathan

Don't be fooled, the silvia is the go here, but it not your ONLY choice.

Maybe a late model 180sx non-turbo, they are a bit more expensive, but have the kick ass looks, with the non-turbo engine.

What about an AE86, they Kick ass and will appreciate in value.

Or if you want something on the cheap how about an old Celica, RWD, super cheap, heaps of parts and the oppertunity to do it up.

There are HEAPS more choices, all are more interesting than a lancer with a bodykit.

Greg.

dun wont about a AE86..they are too expensive for u.....the price of these cars jumped up double with the movie came out....especially the jap pop up headlight version.

Originally posted by Sonic

AE86 is a Toyota Sprinter. Like a shit-hot Corolla Seca. I think some had supercharged 1.6L 4A??? engines from the factory

The Supercharged 4A-G was introduced in the AW11 MR-2 in 1986, and the AE92 Levin/Trueno in 1987.

The AE86 had an NA 4A-G in Japan, but the Australian ones had a piss-poor 4A-C. Steer clear of the Ozzy ones unless you want to do an engine swap (if they havent had one already).

Originally posted by GTS-4OrCeD

Don't be fooled, the silvia is the go here, but it not your ONLY choice

What about an AE86, they Kick ass and will appreciate in value.

Greg.

Eh ?

They are so old the AE86 Sprinter/Trueno's....

There would be tons and tons of work to be done on them and good luck getting one for under $10,000 Imported and a decent version is fkn hard to find in Australia.

Go the lancer, it will look nice, put a fart can exhaust on it and a body kit you will have a nice looking car cruising around for mods less then $2000.