SAU Community

Stagea Randomly Changing Gears?!?

SHIZNT

Hey guys, not sure if this is normal or not but i find my Stagea will randomly change between gears when it fells like it...

Sometimes when im driving along the highway with my foot in a relatively firm position it will deicide it doesn't want to sit nicely in 3rd gear and drop to 2nd or its not comfortable sitting in second and will jump to 3rd.. Ive previously owned Holdens and the only time the car would drop down a gear is if you out your boot into it and the kick down cable drops it back into second or change up a gear if the rev's are sitting high.. is the Stagea either just very touchy on its gear changes and is it meant to change gears so randomly?..

Edited by SHIZNT

Mine does this too, if I ever so lightly squeeze the throttle it'll kick down a gear and after about 10 seconds it's go back into 3rd gear.

The odd thing it does is sometimes when it's idling down a hill and I apply the throttle it will go down a gear - while going down the hill....got me baffled.

The odd thing it does is sometimes when it's idling down a hill and I apply the throttle it will go down a gear - while going down the hill....got me baffled.

That's probably the computer sensing for and applying engine braking, Ian. My old man's Audi does the same thing, and I know for a fact that they were programmed that way, so maybe the Stagea/Skyline boxes are the same.