SAU Community

Fmic And Lag

Ok so here is what im working with

r33 Gts-t

full exhaust

EBC

Now is the time for a FMIC and I was wondering if this option could give me less lag as the piping will be shorter

IMG_1107.jpg

as you can see (dealer dosent have a pic for the r33 model) ... the piping is almost identical as stock

any feed back would be great !!

Sure less piping but the air at the end of the tank hits the flat end tank then has to perform a harsh 180degree turn to head back through the fmic = quite a large pressure drop. But it will work.

As for whats better. This setup or a pipe that does a 180degree bend and then travels back I'm not sure.

Unless you go back to back you probably won't notice.

Sure less piping but the air at the end of the tank hits the flat end tank then has to perform a harsh 180degree turn to head back through the fmic = quite a large pressure drop. But it will work.

As for whats better. This setup or a pipe that does a 180degree bend and then travels back I'm not sure.

Unless you go back to back you probably won't notice.

Maybe you might be able to record some sort of pressure drop when running high boost applications.... but i run 12psi with a Blitz Lm Return pipe and there no pressure drop..

there IS a slight lag as the much larger cooler is filled compared to the stocko item but this is the same with a straight through fmic. I think at the 200kw kinda world where most people with pretty stock cars are sitting... you wont notice the difference. With a 300kw rb25... well that could be a different story.

Cheers

Camden

Im running a fairly crappy setup.

A 450x300 with small 2" piping.

My piping does a full 180degree bend in to the fmic on the drivers side running up underneat the fmic; so not quite as nice as the Blitz setup which has the end tank designed to accommodate the 180degree bend some what from memory?

Mines making 268rwkw on 15psi and doesn't appear to be having any issues at the moment but its definitely not optimal. :S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I’ve just installed a Uniclutch sport into my R32. I’ve been blown away by it… it drives like a stock Toyota Corolla. It doesn’t make sense to me that a performance clutch can drive this well. I was about to pull the trigger on a Nismo Coppermix twin plate when I discovered the Uniclutch and decided to give that a shot instead. They’ve changed the game and I couldn’t be happier.    I was previously using an Extreme cushioned button clutch with lightened flywheel. I’m still using the same lightened flywheel with the Uniclutch.
    • Mmmm no, that's a white series 2 R33 GTS-t
    • Oh and.... "no bubble on the dash" ---> immediate no mod status.
    • To be Frank (always liked that name), I reckon this is a better idea. I'm an R32 man from day 1 and the really good surviving examples that are still in stock form should stay that way. Let ye conscience guide you my son 🙂
    • Serious answer: The Japanese call them "HCR32純正アルミホイール" (HCR32 Junsei arumi wheel). https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=9781a9b17bdb0a90&q=HCR32純正アルミホイール&uds=ADvngMi969x8VO53s3Ns6zY_q0mz1wQSG62T0CP-XYz351Bz4k-UlCLmEIs3_DOvTIrJbtR53zUINohMWufGSNcE7u-Sy3WX5TUjyDJHK7ocoDfeYw5W1tSwzUlYREw7kf4AsG4TMceIn7jdSxdsPXSr015SPQ0N4d0VoByGkenzSrAe8dyXSHA-cFV7LpaAVKCIPCKphRBK4ExnPj5Wp8Ymbl6ZrzN4uV9O1oqNcySxxJLogfY6FULbGlMPmheHkf5T89XXkWHUmA-Kn76muIhfC4LNQ0WaaP4QrndS6u2ovf8NUIsYJ7oFJ81Is4MDHNu_WMQr5vRcNCw-OO7NiSgP3rP02XVontjydtRrPYYnhoyPrwFoPHU&udm=2&prmd=isvnmbtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjYlNzYxcuGAxW72DQHHb8ODIAQtKgLegQIDhAB&biw=1920&bih=911&dpr=1 The English name for them would be "(insert model name) genuine wheels"?  As a side note, they fit perfectly on 1st and 2nd gen Suzuki Swift Sports: https://www.google.com/search?q=HCR32純正アルミホイール+スズキスイフト&sca_esv=9781a9b17bdb0a90&udm=2&biw=1920&bih=911&ei=aBBkZsT2KMS60-kP8IGZwAE&ved=0ahUKEwjEyoTbxcuGAxVE3TQHHfBABhgQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=HCR32純正アルミホイール+スズキスイフト&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiNkhDUjMy57SU5q2j44Ki44Or44Of44Ob44Kk44O844OrIOOCueOCuuOCreOCueOCpOODleODiEjCXFCgA1iiWHALeACQAQCYAYkBoAHzDaoBBDE4LjK4AQPIAQD4AQGYAgCgAgCYAwCIBgGSBwCgB_wH&sclient=gws-wiz-serp