SAU Community

New Zr1

i love hte z06. this is even better. id take one over a GTR any day of the week..

I have to agree , would take one over the new GTR... id love to see how it goes on Nur

It's getting to me how a lot of American and Australian (now too :P ) muscle people and media are rating a Car's "performance" based upon the time it can cover 400 meters in.

It's the same with the W427, SS, XR8 - cool, you've got a large engine - does it a take a corner?

Not to bag the ZR1 - It's a mean ride in anyone's book but in relation to the whole American/Australian sports car scene; anyone can slap a large displacement engine into a car and call it a "performance" car.

I dunno.. Does anyone sort've see a bit of this??

bah..... this makes me wanna go wash my line..... and then look at it and think how lucky i was to buy a japanese cornering machine rather than a big petrol guzzling shopping trolley :thumbsup:

literature i have read is that they have been fine tuning this thing on the nurburgring and early tests are showing that it will go under the GT-Rs best time. so for those who are saying it wont'/cant handle - be prepared to eat your own words.

even the Z06 was a mean piece of kit. watch the top gear vid and listen to clarkson rave about its track ability.

For those that say big US/Aus cars that dont handle. I have to ask you look at Prod Car racing in this country where the HSV Commodore has often beaten and is at least competitive with the STIs and Evo Lancers for years now. The Corvette has always been a flawed car but of late has improved vastly. In fact since about 1990 the Corvette has actually been a good car and improving to the point that the C6 and Z06 were great cars in their own right. And an amazing achievement if you consider the American market it is made for

The corvette's handling has been raved about by numerous reviews including top gear and 5th gear. Anyone who thinks that the corvette (let alone the Z06) is a straight line only one trick pony has got to be kidding themselves, this is actually a sports car unlike the australian family barges.

I'd personally take a Z06 or a ZR1 over any GTR any day. Cornering ability, outright power and a manual gearbox (which I'd prefer to any auto).

It's getting to me how a lot of American and Australian (now too :banana: ) muscle people and media are rating a Car's "performance" based upon the time it can cover 400 meters in.

It's the same with the W427, SS, XR8 - cool, you've got a large engine - does it a take a corner?

Not to bag the ZR1 - It's a mean ride in anyone's book but in relation to the whole American/Australian sports car scene; anyone can slap a large displacement engine into a car and call it a "performance" car.

I dunno.. Does anyone sort've see a bit of this??

dude have driven a z06? dont just judge this car cos your mates tell you holdens/chevs can "only go quick in a straight line" its BS. ive driven a z06 here and let me tell you, having 505HP and a 7L engine mated to a light (relatively) car with a manual box is the most fun thing ull ever do. the chassis is great and sure it doesnt have a screen for you to play Gran Turismo on but let me tell u its a real mans car. it just feels (and is) so fast...it sounds mean as balls and the car looks great in the flesh...

THe Zr1 will be even more hardcore...dont diss it.

THe z06 here and the new GTR are the same price around $70-$75K AUD - so yeah..guess it depends what yuou want. as my daily driver id take a GTR cos u can use it in traffic and be comfy..but on the weekend ull WANT a big 7L (or 6.2L Supercharged) V8 manual to just destroy the roads..