SAU Community

Value

Im trying to sell my S1 for 12.5k has genuine 79xxx really good condition has zorst 400r front bar and a few other things, plus it has over 2 years of warranty on it which is transferable, think its a bit steep or not?

It's so weird how everyone tells me the price of an NA skyline has gone up, due to the new P plate law.

But is that actually true? has it actually gone up in value?

Almost certainly, or at least, they haven't depreciated anywhere near as much as the turbos have. I don't know what N/A prices were like before the new laws, but I imagine the difference between an turb and non-turb would be like sedan and auto Skylines are now, only more so.

Almost certainly, or at least, they haven't depreciated anywhere near as much as the turbos have. I don't know what N/A prices were like before the new laws, but I imagine the difference between an turb and non-turb would be like sedan and auto Skylines are now, only more so.

Which is a really good thing for us NA owners, especially me, because I'm stil on my P's, and as soon as I get off or even sooner, I'll sell mine and get a turbo, and the way everything is looking, I think I could get a decent turbo 33 with the money from the sale of my NA, or I could even make a little profit :)

Haha, your lovin' life Charles, I got the same concept as you basically, but instead of selling the NA R34, im thinking of just smacking on a turbo on her.

Time will tell :D

MRXTCZ

Haha, your lovin' life Charles, I got the same concept as you basically, but instead of selling the NA R34, im thinking of just smacking on a turbo on her.

Time will tell :D

MRXTCZ

Yea, I thought of that aswell, to my 33, but it will cost me a few grand to chuck a turbo in, then I realised with the money I get from this car, I could easily get a series 2 33 turbo. Because I've seen a fair few in car yards and stuff for 10-13k.

Bought my r33 s2 silver 97,000 on the clock.

Lowered, Rims, Window Tinting

Half way between Excellent & Immaculate condition for 13k.

i am fairly confident i could still sell it for 13k now (1 year on)

Bought my r33 s2 silver 97,000 on the clock.

Lowered, Rims, Window Tinting

Half way between Excellent & Immaculate condition for 13k.

i am fairly confident i could still sell it for 13k now (1 year on)

Are you going to tell them it's been an accident before? :)

Km's make absolutely no diffrence if the engine has only done 50,000km and the rest of the car is in good nic.

If you selling without a doubt,

Start off fairly high 12K? 11.5? Then lower it slowly according to the demand.

Bear in mind that STOCK cars sell for a higher price than cars with simple mods.

Edited by GTS4WD

Thats true man, i loved my R34 when i bought it, simple mods, CF hood, wing and pod. All the rest i want to do, so the demand is pretty high for stock imports these days.

:D Accident!

lols, IMO i wouldnt go near a car if its been in an accident or on REVS

MRXTCZ

What do you consider stock?

My car has exhaust, rims and a pod. I'd personally only consider the exhaust a major modification, but if stock cars are selling for more it wouldn't cost much to replace the stock rims, box and exhaust (well, exhaust could be costly).

I'd happily keep all three for my next car anyway. Well, no. Four stud rims could be an issue.

What do you consider stock?

My car has exhaust, rims and a pod. I'd personally only consider the exhaust a major modification, but if stock cars are selling for more it wouldn't cost much to replace the stock rims, box and exhaust (well, exhaust could be costly).

I'd happily keep all three for my next car anyway. Well, no. Four stud rims could be an issue.

Stock examples means there is less risk some dodgy backyard mechanic has fooled around with it, done a bodgey job and therefore has a higher risk of something major going wrong.

Selling a car is a very unpredictable move. Its all about the market, who wants what, what the "cool" thing at the moment is, what specific people are looking to buy a car etc. It only takes one person to like your car for it to be sold.

Because your car has rims pod and wheels that may be an insentive for someone to buy your car over another one.

Bear in mind; you may be getting a higher profit if you sell the individual items before you sell the car.

Modified is not always best. A good freind of mine has a Mitsubishi Galant VR4 (very similar to an EVO 3) for sale in Sydney,180 AWKW, bullet proof driveline, everything of the highest workmanship, tuned by a bloke who tunes EVO's for rally and is VERY highly reguarded.. all for 8K.. and absolutely no one wants it

Best thing to do.. it notify the seller in the add your willing to sell with or without mods.. and just keep going with the ad.

Frankly that comment just goes to show how ignorant you are about cars. as long as you have the import papers showing the km's on it, you should be pretty right. the average australian does about 15k a year, and it depends if its a daily or just a weekend'er.

in Japan when the cars get serviced the km's get entered into a DB, and when the car gets dereged to get exported they compare whats on the car with the DB to make sure they match up and if it doesnt look right they mark it on the papers.

Importing your self you shouldnt have too much worry, but buying from an import dealer, you should always ask for the import papers, and if they arent willing to show them to you, dont buy the car.

and that comment just shows how ignorant you are....

There is no way the majority of 60k km skylines out there are legit, yes there maybe one or two but 99% of them are DEFINATELY wound back. A car that is ranging from 10-15yrs old just simply cannot have those kms, regardless how congested the traffic is in japan and little it is driven. I've seen a fair few r33's with those sort of kms on it straight from dealers with all the correct papers, and they are piles of shit with at least 200k+kms on it, like mentioned the interior tells the story. My bosses son, just bought one, series 1 with an apparent 60k km on it and guess what it had a sticker saying the TIMING BELT WAS CHANGED, which we all know is done around the 100,000km mark...

This is all meaningless when it comes to buying a skiz though, as long as you have some one knowledgeable checking it out its fine.

i wouldnt pay any more than 9k for a superclean series 1 and 11k for a series 2, but thats just me

My bosses son, just bought one, series 1 with an apparent 60k km on it and guess what it had a sticker saying the TIMING BELT WAS CHANGED, which we all know is done around the 100,000km mark...

Engine swap? The body may have done 60K. But the engine may have done more..

Just a thought.. not an attack on anyone..

Engine swap? The body may have done 60K. But the engine may have done more..

Just a thought.. not an attack on anyone..

nah the engine was original, i dont know of any legit 60k km old rb25de's that died that early, they dont have the power to break themselves especially at that age...

regardless the interior told the story, worn seats, steering wheel and handbrake, definately not a clean example

Edited by R34GTFOUR

yeah lads,

The time the our cars idle in japan ..

skylines are probably doing around 200000km anyways...

in saying that, i drive my skyline approx 150km per weeek.... so it is possible for some JAPS to drive less.

but defintely, some are wound back, no doubt.

Sold my Black R33 S2 MT for 11,500

lowered, HKS exhaust and Pioneer Stereo system

102K with major service completed

my mate cant find a similar car for this price, seems that demand for NA MTs has gone up

New owner got a good deal.....

im selling my car atm which is a R32 with a s1 r33 rb25de with vct motor in and all det running gear.

has some suspension work done to it already (coilovers,castor rods, whiteline & gtr swaybars, poly mounts)

i only want to sell it for $9000neg so if anyone is interested send me a pm :D

Just to throw it out there..as its topic related :P

selling my series one r33 gts, weird charcoal grey- black- purple pearl colour (kn6)

117,000kms, splitfire coils, performance spark plugs, 2.25 inch exhaust and twin tip canon

very dark tint, up to date with services, immaculate interior and engine bay.. Showroom tidy (just about)

located in adelaide, will drive interstate..

open to offers, post up price on here or pm

cheers

post-45804-1215357395_thumb.jpg

post-45804-1215357993_thumb.jpg

post-45804-1215358098_thumb.jpg

post-45804-1215358181_thumb.jpg

post-45804-1215358261_thumb.jpg

just while u guys r on the topiks

im lookin for a r33 (non turbo) manual ..... under arnd 8ish K

if any1 sellin please pm me cheerz