SAU Community

Will This Take Me From Stock To Rocket?

Hey all, Ive had my 93' 33 gtst now for about 2 n half years n its boring me. Ive been waiting for the time n cash to do it up a bit, now i have it(soon).Would this be suitable: 600hp+ turbo, new h/d clutch, f/m cooler, microtech ecu, bigger fuel pump n bigger injectors. What size injectors n pump are suitable? Is there something else i need? Ive got a 3.5" exhuast right through already n thats it, the rest is stock. Ive been out of the scene for a while n need updating if im missing somthing people are putting on to theres these days. This is n still will be daily driver.

Cheers for the feedback.

turbo is too big IMO for stock internals. also wont come on boost until probably 5000 RPM.

biggest turbo I would recommend would be GT35 rated at 500HP, even then would probably be too laggy for a street car.

turbo is too big IMO for stock internals. also wont come on boost until probably 5000 RPM.

biggest turbo I would recommend would be GT35 rated at 500HP, even then would probably be too laggy for a street car.

ok then, apparently this particular turbo i was "gunna" get was an 'ATR45', i dont know anyhting about them or heard of it. Ive been told it was rated at .70 - 600+ hp. It is going to be dyno tuned so wouldnt they be able to do somthing about that then?

How much approx is a gt35 turbo n piping going for?

sorry, you said that would be too laggy aswell. Can any1 gimi as yell on a good turbo n housing (not piping) for me. I want somthing that is going to be strong n powerful that will be worth getting for the other mods im getting

ok then, apparently this particular turbo i was "gunna" get was an 'ATR45', i dont know anyhting about them or heard of it. Ive been told it was rated at .70 - 600+ hp. It is going to be dyno tuned so wouldnt they be able to do somthing about that then?

How much approx is a gt35 turbo n piping going for?

not much you can do to tune it to hit boost earlier.. advance the timing a lil maybe but it can be risky..

that kit looking at $3.5k+

hks gt-rs mate.. or just go hi flow if you want to save a bit for somethings special..

Hope im not sounding too dumb but id like the car to boost up still about wot the stock one does. The hks would do that would it?

Go for a HKS GT-RS or a Garrett GT2860RS (Disco Potato) for a quick street RB25, thats what id do anyway.

You will lose a little bit of low down response, but gain loads of midrange and top end.

Or if you want even more lowdown response, but a bit less top end, just mod and high-flow your current turbo like whistle said.

Have a look in the RB25 dyno thread, thats the best way to work out what you are likley to need to suit ur needs.

Hi there.

I notice your new to the forum.

If you read the Dyno Sticky thread at the top of this section, you'll see results from many various turbo setups.

Golden rule is - more power you want, more lag you get. A 600HP turbo is never going to come on even remotely close to a stock turbo, yuor talking 4500rpm or there abouts

Have a read of the sticky thread, and also the FI Guide (just below it), once you see a setup you like with a turbo that seems to fit what you want, have another search with that turbo. Plenty of threads detailing HKS GT-RS, Garrettt 3071/3076, Trust TD06/TD05 series and so on.

Thanks