SAU Community

Wakefield Day 12/07/08 Passengers Allowed

NBPdrifter

---- 12/07/08 - Wakefield Park Track Day #1 ----

OK, as most of you know & after much deliberation, a Saturday (the 12th) in the intake-temp-friendly month of July was secured for us at wakefield park. Below you will be able to find all of the relevant info for invited guests to this event such as date/times, cost, requirements, organizational info and contact details for officials. Most importantly though, you will find a LINK to a registration form which is MANDATORY for all attending people to fill out, as it will provide a means of communication & to keep track of registrations & payments. Please read through all the info carefully, and if you have any questions, requests or cans of arguments, please be directed to the contact form to send them.

Updates:

- Check out the new forum, now online!

- NEW PAYMENT DUE DATE, ALL payments MUST be in BEFORE the 22nd of June, this is to give me time to get the payment to wakefield ON TIME, and get any last minutes racers in in case of pullouts.

- See overview for NEW info regarding passengers.

- Special thanks to Zoko for the new site design, the old one was kinda boring. Shame you wont be representin' the R31's mate.

- Wakefield have confirmed you can race with either a CAMS license or a AASA license as opposed to a wakefield license, as long as its current.

- I am looking into the possibility of passengers, especially for timing purposes, but we wont be able to do passengers during drift events.

- Helmets can be hired from wakefield park on the day for $20 plus a $50 deposit.

- I was talking to Luke the other week about recording, for the fun of it, as I am going to attempt to mount my camcorder in my skyline. A few days later Luke suggested these little digital recording units specifically designed to be mounted on a race car, inside or out and a very reasonable asking price. Records straight onto an SD cars, with standard recording time of 3 hours. See www.goprocamera.com for all you heroes.

- I'm also have a UHF CB radio in my car, which ill probably use on the day as its an easy way to communicate while racing "HAHA I am beating you" so if anyone has them bring them along.

Overview:

- Cost is $200 per car. Charges are per vehicle, so one car could enter with 2 drivers at $200, or 1 driver could enter with 2 cars for $400. We are hoping for 30+ entrants, but don't really want to go much over 30.

- Race license required, either CAMS, AASA or Wakefield. Licenses can be purchased on the day for an additional $50.

- ADR Approved helmet is a must, needs to be in good condition. Helmets can be hired from wakefield park on the day for $20 plus a $50 deposit.

- Dress in a long sleeve shirt & pants as well as suitable footwear.

- Start time is 8am sharp, and off the track by 5pm.

- No timing services provided, but feel free to bring whatever gear you want, ie stopwatches or proper telemetry.

- PASSENGERS ARE allowed, but not during tandem racing/drift events. All passengers need to sign in, have an ADR approved helmet & suitable clothing. There is NO charge for passengers.

- Will be running Drift & Grip sessions on the day, details to come.

- Highly recommend you do a brake service before hand, pads, new fluid or a bleed.

- I know some of you are busting guts with questions, so please use the contact page to get in touch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On The Day:

Okay, the exciting part. This is only a brief overview, will go into depth on the day.

Not many people are going to want to lap wakefield for more than about 15 minutes at a time, especially those of use with no oil coolers, so what's been the general consensus is:

- First up in the morning, we can have a few laps for the first timers, to get confidence up and everyone can get a feel for the track and conditions.

- Then we will split into 2 groups, each 15 mins on track 15 mins off. Myself, Grant, Marcus & Luke will be doing the timing. There will be those who wanna swap between groups

and race other etc etc, so the idea is we can swap in between 'Group A' and 'Group B'. This will be beneficial to both sides as the ones who swap, one will get 30 minutes

on track racing both groups, while the other gets a good 30 minutes cool down. There will also be intervals where we can all go on track in one group. I personally think this

would work best so as to keep the traffic on track fairly light (we really really really wanna avoid accidents). OPEN to suggestions on this, let me know.

- Not everyone is going to want to drift (FWD :(), as well as not everyone will want to circuit race, so looking at maybe doing every 2nd or 3rd run a drift run. Due to Wakefield

regulations we cannot mix the two, drifting has to be a strictly separate event. Please forward your thoughts on this (if any)

- Will be using some sort of flag system to display CAUTION SPEED (2nd gear, 40kmph for car broken down, spill, God-forbid crash or any other safety issue) as well as LAST LAP and

FINISH - PULL IN. Will go into details on the day.

- Stop for lunch about 12pm, Which will also allow anyone needing to refuel to do so. There are ALL the major servos located within about 10mins of the track.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preparation:

Its very important that everyone prepares their machines, ie do a service, get some spare tires/wheels and do a general safety check over before the day cause safety is top priority!

Grant and myself will be offering our after dark garage services to anyone who needs their car prepared for the day at very reasonable prices. (Servicing, Mods, Fabrication & general mechanical work).

If you are interested in having some work done, use the contact page to get in touch or give Grant a ring on: 0449-012-525

Payment:

ALL PAYMENTS DUE BY THE 22nd OF JUNE. (not including helmet & license fees - pay on the day)

Bank deposit of the entry fee is Preferred, alternatively you can give cash to the person who referred you (contact them). Once payment has been received & confirmed, your name will be added to the confirmed list on the main page. You can deposit straight over the counter at any BSA branch for it to be instantly credited to my account, or over internet banking, though some institutions may take 1-2 days.

Bank: St George Australia

BSB: 112-879

Account No: 028 288 106

Account Name: Hayden Cope

Amount Payable: $200.00

Double check you have the details correct before sending payment!

**NOTE: Please be sure to leave your cars rego plate or your name as a description of the deposit, so I can positively identify your payment, I cant stress how important this is. If you are unable to leave either leave something very distinctive and the please email me and let me know how I can identify it. Once your payment is received and confirmed, I will email you and let you know its all good, and ill also publish you in the list of confirmed racers on the main page. Cant wait to race you all!

Confirmed Racers:

1. Hayden Cope - 89' Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t w/ RB25DET

2. Grant Schweikert - TBA

3. Marcus Newark - 1612 Nissan Silvia S13 w/ SR20DET

4. Luke Sobolewski - 96' Honda Civic EJ Secret Power BRO!

5. Struan Wallace - 93' Nissan 180sx w/ SR20DET

6. Mitch Smith - 87' AE82 Toyota Corolla w/4AGZE

7. Matt Molinia - 85' VK Commodore Wagon V8

8. Roy Wang - 96' Honda Civic EK Vti-r (With optional rear-collision decapitation structural supports)

9. Athan Bakopanos - 92' Subaru Liberty RS Turbo w/EJ22ET

10. Jesse Attwell - 08' Toyota Corolla

11. Daniel Rawlings - 97' Nissan 180sx Type X w/ SR20DET

12. Dave Choi - 07' BMW 130i

13. Joe Mangano - 97' Subaru Liberty

14. Chris Harris - 01' Ford AU XR8

15. Jono Indra - 04' Ford XR6 Turbo

16. Joel Fitzgerald - 1977 Toyota Celica RA28 w/ 3SGTE

17. Ben Freemantle - 95' Suzuki Swift

18. Jason Koster - 87' Holden VL Commodore

About 2 pending, only 10 places left guys!

Hey guys,

Needing a further 12 people to make this day a success, and what a great day it is going to be! Surely there is a handful of SAU'ers needing to get some trackwork out of there systems! This is a pretty rare opportunity to do a SATURDAY run for only 200 bucks, almost same cost as an open day, but with only 15 other cars at a time :):D:D

So come on and sign up fellas, only 10 days to go, 12 places remaining.

Cheers,

Hayden

Latest payment will need to be cleared in the account by the 11th (the day b4)

the earlier the better because I have this advertised on other forums so to save your spot get payment in asap :sick:

Only 5 days to go fellas, and still 12 spots open. Really need to get these numbers up, the day will be going ahead either way.

I cannot fathom how little interest there has been in this day from SAU! Thought skylines would have jumped at the oppotunity to represent at wakefield, dont be scared and wait for your mates to sign up, come along and have a great day with the rest of us.

Cheers,

Hayden

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Agreed with the rest. Also at least based on my own research, there are no readily available stock or close-to-stock RB20Neo maps that you could download and use as a base were you to buy a complete standalone ECU, and the regular 20DET maps don't really work well so you'd need to take it to a tuner if you have no experience. I installed an AEM V2 on my 20Neo+T and had lots of headaches until I got it to run and idle properly but I've yet to remap it fully. You have to start building up your timing and fuel maps entirely from the ground up; even the ones for a 25 didn't work at all.
    • Got some decent progress after work yesterday and also today. Got the ECU all wired and passenger side interior all back together. Kept the wiring up nice and high to avoid people standing on it. Got the surge tank relays rewired and tidied up the pump wiring and cut a hole to bring the cables through.  I found a spare USB cable I had lying around so I decided to cut it up and see if I could use it for my CAN 1 bus. Turned out one of the pins I needed was to the shield of the cable so i cut it up and desoldered it and resoldered to the correct pins.  Had the issue with the powersteering hose hitting the A/C compressor and fan shroud. I pulled the bracket off and modified it to remove the front mounting point which now clears it all. Will keep an eye on it to see if theres any signs of fouling once it's up and running.
    • That's some good input mate. Nice.
    • So today I went well outside my comfort zone (again) to replace my valve cover gasket.  I have had a big leak over the exhaust leading to a lot of smoke and smell every time I drove it. The leak was in the rear driver's corner.  The job wasn't hard as such, just a bit finicky and time consuming.  The old gasket was rock hard and broken right where the leak was.  The leaky corner had so much sitting oil in it.  The good news to my amateur eyes was no buildup or sludge under the cover. It all looked fairly nice in there.   I haven't started it yet. I ran out of light and body when putting the coils and injector loom back in. Probs only 30min left for the morning.  I was so nervous putting the cover back on, I must have lifted it 5 times to make sure the gasket was still seated properly. God it's going to be nice to be leak free and not make other traffic light queuers think my car is about to explode.
    • Gave the Mazda it's first wash, it will need some clay, a light compound, and polish polish to remove a few swirl marks, but that will be a job for when I have a full day to get my DA polisher action on