SAU Community

Steps In Fitting R32/33 Rear Sub-frame To A31?

Conrad 2NR

I believe the R32 GTST rear subframe (i.e. diff, axles, hubs and brakes) can bolt up directly to the rear of the A31 but what about other Skyline models. The reason I ask is because a buddy and I have sourced a rear subframe but we're not quite sure exactly which model Skyline it came out of, what we do know however is that it has a LSD as well as 2 pot brakes with "NISSAN" grooved in the calipers and HICAS.

What I want to know is if there are any problems to look out for when attempting to bolt up the entire subframe as a whole. Is it simple as pulling unbolting the old non HICAS, regular 2x3 bolt diff non-lsd sub-frame and bolting in the new one (i.e. no fabrication involved)?

OR

do we have to make adjustments?

I'm new to this so please bear with me.

All help appreciated.

Edited by Conrad 2NR

r32 rear sub frame bolts straight in, just get a hi cas lock bar. when i did it the only proplem i encounted was the back brake lines needed to be made longer, only cost $40, and if you unclip the original cefiro flexable brake lines they will strech to reach to get you by. by the time you stuff around doing a back brake conversion it is quicker an easier to swap the whole sub frame, you can sell the old one aswell. but some say one of the bushes wear out. good luck. install pineapple bushes while you do it.

Thanks for the recommendations. About swapping non-hicas rear subframes and doing 5 hole conversions...in my country (Trinidad & Tobago) it is relatively easy to get an entire rear subframes from an older model Skyline (my mechanic has one lying around his yard doing absolutely nothing).

I will go the route of using the R32 rear-subframe and hopefully it should bolt straight up without much hassle.

Again, thanks for the heads up.