SAU Community

Corvette Owns Nissan Gtr At Nurburgring

Deluxe

is holden going to be putting the engine that engine in a hsv?

im starting to worry they might build something with a quicker 1/4 mile than my 20 yr classic :laugh:

and iron chef rules of the ring are rolling start i believe, GTR vid was rolling start

corvette did well indeed

bet the crazy mofo's of the corvette forums are loving it :P

Edited by Inline 6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vids fake, you can see the clock stop and start again and then count backwards n run at a pace slower than a v8...........

sorry wanted to sound like the vette fans when the GTR hit its time :banana:

And you're point is?

If an american company using suspension design from 70 years ago can beat the japanese using 21st century technology it just makes me lol.

well my point is right there!

Edited by nos man

Impressive, no doubt - but look how hard the driver has to work to get the thing around the Ring - compare it to the vids of the R35GTR doing it and you will notice the Vette is being driven on the edge - yet the GTR seems to just dawdle around. I know which one I would prefer to drive - some people look for a challenge - I want a car that is not going to put me into a wall without notice.

Pete - when you say the Vette is 'cheap' remember that the $110k - $115k would EASILY by $150k landed and complied here, and then you have the cost of rhd conversion etc etc - would have to cost $170k to get one on the road here. And remember that the R35GTR only costs US$72,000 in America - so you are talking over 1.5 times the cost of a R35GTR.

Personally i couldnt give a rats ass what went faster around the ring, Id be choosing the GT3 Porsche over any of them, Standard roll cage is the go......Oh and atmo!!

true that, 911 gt3 RS or a sexc ass lambo reventon! but getting past all these performance cars i would love a phantom! still dreaming :laugh:

Edited by nos man

Impressive, no doubt - but look how hard the driver has to work to get the thing around the Ring - compare it to the vids of the R35GTR doing it and you will notice the Vette is being driven on the edge - yet the GTR seems to just dawdle around. I know which one I would prefer to drive - some people look for a challenge - I want a car that is not going to put me into a wall without notice.

Pete - when you say the Vette is 'cheap' remember that the $110k - $115k would EASILY by $150k landed and complied here, and then you have the cost of rhd conversion etc etc - would have to cost $170k to get one on the road here. And remember that the R35GTR only costs US$72,000 in America - so you are talking over 1.5 times the cost of a R35GTR.

Yes but at least he has to drive it.

And no doubt the skyline was on the limit when lapping (or close to it) and due to all the electronics it makes it all smooth and removes you from the experience.

yeah, I suppose its all relative when it comes to what I consider cheap or expensive. If comparing to the R35, its not that cheap....if you compare it to the supercars that the other countries are offering like the carrera, maserati, ferrari or lambo, then its very cheap

and if you compare your wage to sleds you wind up feeling sad n sorry for yourself :(

are we making the judgements on what the driving experience and how hard it is to post the times of the R35 and vette are based on GT5 GRID or need for speed? just wanna know so i can test it to :D

the ring has a lot of long straights on it putting more focus on top speed and acceleration as apossed to fine handling and the turns. would not be surprised if the vette was spanking the gtr on the straights and losing on the turns with its understeer oversteer games.

the main plus of the ring and why it's used is because theres a good mix of nice and nasty bumpy coners that requires the suspension setups to be more closer to liveable on the street.

ill need to borrow 1 of each of these cars to test on our local roads please :)

and if you compare your wage to sleds you wind up feeling sad n sorry for yourself :)

yeah right, I wish!

the ring has a lot of long straights on it putting more focus on top speed and acceleration as apossed to fine handling and the turns. would not be surprised if the vette was spanking the gtr on the straights and losing on the turns with its understeer oversteer games.

yeah I agree, good example is at the 6' 10" mark where he almost lost it in the Vette........obviously that could happen in the GTR as well but maybe not as easy

^^ no Karl, I am saying that the GTR has been labelled as an easy car to drive, in start contrast to all the other cars that do the Ring in a similar time.

And just because a professional race driver has done the ring production car record in the Vette, doesn't mean anyone could do that time. Also, I bet the GTR has done dozens of laps near their official time, yet I bet the Vette did that one freak lap, and the rest of them were way off.

I am willing to bet that any decent race driver could get the GTR around the track near the official time (within reason).

I am also willing to bet that all but the very best drivers would put the Vette fair and square into the Ring wall in no time. Look how hard he sometimes has to wrench the steering wheel, feather the wheel in and out of corners, and often go easy on the throttle until the car straightens up. Yes, some people might enjoy the challenge of driving such a car, but I am not one of them.

Like all things, we are not comparing apples with apples. US$70K car vs US$110k car. Fact is, no matter what, the Vette is not 50% times better, faster, prettier, anything over the GTR. And as pretty and fast as they are, in the US they are still considered to be a Commonwhore - on par with HSVs here.

^ look at the track, are you counting corners and straights or observing the 20min long run to the finish?

he was sitting at 300km/h for 20seconds

id call that a lot of straight and most of the bends are pretty high speed remember thats mph in the vid not k's he's doing

the car prob goes below 100mph 2 times in the whole lap

u do relize you can turn off the GTR's aids im sure some people found abs annoying at first but they love the sh*t now. id rather have my car gripping and going faster round the bends than looking like a hero going sideways, but it all depends what you like i guess.

but yea the vette did well, used to like em when i was a kid wouldnt say no to a ride in 1 now

way cooler than a commo you can actually call it a sports car it has 2doors :(

Edited by Inline 6

And just because a professional race driver has done the ring production car record in the Vette, doesn't mean anyone could do that time. Also, I bet the GTR has done dozens of laps near their official time, yet I bet the Vette did that one freak lap, and the rest of them were way off.

I am also willing to bet that all but the very best drivers would put the Vette fair and square into the Ring wall in no time. Look how hard he sometimes has to wrench the steering wheel, feather the wheel in and out of corners, and often go easy on the throttle until the car straightens up.

+1 yeah good points there Andrew