SAU Community

Defected- Help Reinstalling Stock Boost Control R33 Gts-t S2

Hey guys.

Got defected on the weekend. 2 many intake mods (Easy fix) Stock airbox back on

5mm too low (95mm) Adjustable. Easy fix

Aftermarket Boost control. ummm. ok. The original Solonoid has been mounted, Plugged back in.

But The vaccum lines. I cant remember how they went. 1 line was plugged, the other 2. Top or Bottom on the solonoid. either way ive tryed setting it up in several ways all resulting in massive spiking.

The car is a Series 2 R33 Gts-T.

If anyone could PLEASE advice me on which line i have to put the tee in. and Which lines go at the top

and which at the bottom. OR provide a nice clear Photo of the standard layout (All my stock pics arent clear enough to see each vaccum line clearly) It would be greatly appreciated.

As of this Saturday i cant drive the car anywhere except to VicRoads. Id rather set it all up Properly rather then dodgy the lines just to have them plugged in to look the part. Dont want to take unnecesary chances.

Cheers for any help anyone can offer.

Luke

Edited by l_uk3y

bad luck dude!

The top line from your solenoid is connected to your factory BOV plumback pipe. If you have factory BOV!!. The bottom line from solenoid is connected to a tee fitting installed between intake pressure and your wastegate actuator.

All the best.

bad luck dude!

The top line from your solenoid is connected to your factory BOV plumback pipe. If you have factory BOV!!. The bottom line from solenoid is connected to a tee fitting installed between intake pressure and your wastegate actuator.

All the best.

Awesome. That should be exactly what i need.

Where and why did you get defected?

Was it just a random stop???

Drove past Bendigo's local "Modified Car Hunter" on a quiet stretch of road. Quickly saw the U turn in my rear view. He said he went passed and thought i looked low. (The intercooler wouldnt have helped either).

And that was pretty much it.

isnt it easier to just run a line straight to the wastegate and not worry about the factory solenoid at all, after all your just going to remove it straight after any way.

THanks for the help guys. Problem solved Boost level again. well as level as the pathetic stock 2 stage boost is. Book in for the check early next week.

And i dont think i will reinstall the EBC straight away.. Ive still got the Controller set up in the cabin as a guage and the wires all running into the engine bay (Hidden) I.e just plug the solonoid in and it works again. But ill probably just stealth the Solonoid in place and only connect it during Drag days. Im only running approx 1.5ish psi different anyway. First thing ill be doing is earthing the stocky off again to get it back to single stage boost.

you could always just get an adjustable wastegate, set it at what ever boost you want and with the heat shield on they cant see the adjuster rod and you just have a line going straight from your piping to your wastegate, if your doing a track day leave the heat shield off and it is a only a few minutes to adjust it, thats what im running now, have a avcr but it seems hold standard boost longer and then the boost goes up really quick, with the hks adjustable wastegate its just a constant push to .9 bar.

THanks for the help guys. Problem solved Boost level again. well as level as the pathetic stock 2 stage boost is. Book in for the check early next week.

And i dont think i will reinstall the EBC straight away.. Ive still got the Controller set up in the cabin as a guage and the wires all running into the engine bay (Hidden) I.e just plug the solonoid in and it works again. But ill probably just stealth the Solonoid in place and only connect it during Drag days. Im only running approx 1.5ish psi different anyway. First thing ill be doing is earthing the stocky off again to get it back to single stage boost.

Happy to help.