SAU Community

P-plate Laws and Recent crash

Sonic speed

P platers not allowed to buy turbo cars = nissans go down in value and already over-priced Hondas with their amazing vtek powa and high k's become more popular. people will find substitutes for turbos.

coming soon to youtube: P platers in their MIVEC FTO's with NOS burning R34 on Albany Hwy. lol

note to self -good investment ideas: start looking for grandmas with Type R's for cheap.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh this law is going to suck,heres a tip for all you p-platers tho never have your Ps displaying. i swear to god iv only got pulled over twice in the 2 years that i had my Ps and that was in a 300zx. I never got it in the GTR tho, lucky i got off my Ps on july 28th! :);):(

P platers not allowed to buy turbo cars = nissans go down in value and already over-priced Hondas with their amazing vtek powa and high k's become more popular. people will find substitutes for turbos.

coming soon to youtube: P platers in their MIVEC FTO's with NOS burning R34 on Albany Hwy. lol

note to self -good investment ideas: start looking for grandmas with Type R's for cheap.

There is such a thing as NA skylines you know :D

I love it how some of the p-platers who are complaining so much about losing their fulli sik turbo under the proposed laws are on their 3rd provisional license already..

I love it how some fully licensed drivers go about making such biased, unfounded and illogical statements of that sort...

I would be s2k12's friend with the excel.

Biggest point proven, its a 1.5l gutless carby 4cyl, and i drive faster in it than i did in my zed (v6). Wasnt driving fast at the time (there were people with me), but i cut a corner and got careless driving, which comes with 6 month licence suspension. I do pizza deliveries as on job and deliveries for Live clothing stores on another job, since its my 1st offence it should be easy(ish) to appeal licence suspension, even if i plea guilty.

The cop that pulled me over (well, followed me to my friends house lol) even said its not the car, its the mentality.

Biggest point proven, its a 1.5l gutless carby 4cyl, and i drive faster in it than i did in my zed (v6). Wasnt driving fast at the time (there were people with me)

2 points proven actually. You mentioned not driving fast at the time because there were people with you.

perfect example today with a P plater in a subaru. an older subaru ... 3 mates in the car with the driver, he kept slowing down and speeding up because I was behind him... the lanes split and I wanted to get past the tool, and he dragged me... my car is faster, but i slowed, he flew past so I sat about 4 car lengths behind....again slowing and speeding up.. what that proved I have no idea.. his mates thought it was great fun... maybe they liked the sound of the stupid canon hanging off the arse end :P so when we were on paterson road I change lanes and passed him and gave him the looser sign hahah didn't see him after that..

There was a window of opportunity to drag him down the new road at coogee beach, but it sweeps into a left hander so it could of ended in disaster..

I thought of that at the time, do you think the boys where thinking that at the time?

I still believe its alot easier to kill yourself and others in a faster car.

Oh and what does a green p plate mean?

Edited by StageaGirl

Means you have being on your Ps for over 6month & you are allowed to drive between the hours of midnight to 5am while the red Ps can't.

I found most is people in crap/sh*t or bad condition sports cars that trys to drag with me all the time. I lost count of how many time some crapo ricer tried to drag me.

While people in well maintained sports cars drive normally, like this time I was heading to Curtin, at the set of lights, I got next to a S15 (which looked in great condition) but had a really loud exhaust. The road after the lights had the 2 lanes turn into 1 & I thought "oh great, this guy is probably gonna floor it as soon as the light is green, so I better just let him pass 1st."

But to my suprise he took off really slow (slower than me! who was at that time already taking off like a granny) & let me go infront instead. He must have thought that I might do something stupid & didn't want to risk his car getting into a accident.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

:P [jokes, no offence intended]

i find people get behind me at the lights thinking i will take off faster than the others.... i dont... people assume a P-plater with a r34 would floor it and speed around. i take off slow, stay at the speed limit most the time[sometimes 1-3kms over] and drive nicely coz i love my car. ive had so many damn people tailgate me thinking i would go faster and give up and speed off when they get a chance.

im not saying i dont speed i get like a 5sec burst on the hw on my way to work sometimes but most times i control my urges to do stupid things coz i love my car and mostly all my friends who have nice cars are the same. i do get some p-platers in excels and lancers reving next to me and speeding off, never had someone in a sports car do it. had a van revving and skidding off at the lights once....

But chances are he'll be doing that off his p's anyway... It not the rest of the p-platers who should suffer cause his penis is too small and he must compensate by driving like that...

perfect example today with a P plater in a subaru. an older subaru ... 3 mates in the car with the driver, he kept slowing down and speeding up because I was behind him... the lanes split and I wanted to get past the tool, and he dragged me... my car is faster, but i slowed, he flew past so I sat about 4 car lengths behind....again slowing and speeding up.. what that proved I have no idea.. his mates thought it was great fun... maybe they liked the sound of the stupid canon hanging off the arse end :P so when we were on paterson road I change lanes and passed him and gave him the looser sign hahah didn't see him after that..

There was a window of opportunity to drag him down the new road at coogee beach, but it sweeps into a left hander so it could of ended in disaster..

I thought of that at the time, do you think the boys where thinking that at the time?

I still believe its alot easier to kill yourself and others in a faster car.

Im all for non turbos for P platers, theres far too many P platers out there who think they can handle their turbo cars and thinking nothing bad will happen to me.

Im all for non turbos for P platers, theres far too many P platers out there who think they can handle their turbo cars and thinking nothing bad will happen to me.

I only partly agree, I DON'T think P-Plates should be banned from driving force-inducted and V8+ cars, however, I'd like to see a stringent and rather difficult testing (Theory & Practical) in order to be able to drive one.. Banning certain people from certain cars, that is just a ridiculous and unnecessary step closer to communism/fascism... On that note, I'd like to see normal licenses become much harder to get, I think they are too easy and don't do anywhere near enough to educate the driver.

+1 for automotive aptitude test, test theory on BOTH road laws and car physics, oversteer, understeer, weight transition under cornering, wet weather driving ect ect...

Then followed up by some form of AHG style skidpan/defensive driving coarse...

I don't believe its purely a turbo thing, ie. high powered v8s etc... just as bad in the hands of the inexperienced (which accounts for 95% of p platers)

Yeh, I was refering to the same laws in the eastern states, where P platers are not allowed to drive turbos or v8s. Mark, yeh I do agree that there should be more training required to obtain licences, but my comment was aimed at where we are currently. Without extensive vehicle training or road experiance (both which are currently not required to obtain licences in WA), shoving a P plater in a turbo or v8 is just an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by JieLine

I found most is people in crap/sh*t or bad condition sports cars that trys to drag with me all the time. I lost count of how many time some crapo ricer tried to drag me.

Haha, you just reminded me of the time a wrx tried to race me in the bunky zed. I was on L's at the time, and I even had mum telling me to do it LOL. I didn't end up racing him, but he still gunned it from the lights haha.

I even had mum telling me to do it LOL.

OMG :laugh: , you have an awesome mum.

Mine would get freaked out as soon as I even put my foot down by more than 10%. & telling me to slow down or I'm about to crash into the car in front of my me, even though I've already slowed to under 20km/h & the car ahead is still like 3 car length away. ;)

There was this one time, we were on the freeway at night time, I was going to change lanes, after indicating & checking my blind spot (which I didn't see any cars, only saw a car in the distance from the side mirror), as I was about to change I just heard this loud burst of acceleration coming up from behind, so I didn't change & kept my car straight, 1 sec later some black Commo just zoomed past right next to me.

& the entire trip back that day was just my mum constant nagging about "how I could have crashed & died from that, how I should drive more safer etc etc..."

I was like "eerr... I can't help it if that guy wants to act like a d*ck..."

Now when is my change of ownership for my car gonna come...

Edited by Mayuri Krab