SAU Community

P-plate Laws and Recent crash

Sonic speed

Firstly, it feels like everyone speeds in built up areas. The amount of people tailgating, flashing, beeping, etc. that I've had from people telling me to go faster is shocking. But I don't think I've had another P-plater do it yet.

I noticed that too,

Even when I stop at a red light on a freeway entry people have abused me saying "Their was no one else there, you could have gone!!!" I just yell "F*ck you!" back at them...

Or going along a 70 zone doing the limit, people will over take me and give me the finger for not going fast enough... and they usaully got stopped at the lights and I'm right next to them again... just plain stupid...

As of yet I haven't had a P-Plater do any of that to me...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf?

as said previously its all driver training not what you drive

should implement a licensing system like japan or germany

also make it so you only get 6 demerit points like eastern states

be 99% fewer dickheads and 100% safer roads

what do you mean wtf? Nothing was directed at you. :P Oh and merging topics has f*ked the flow of things...

I noticed that too,

Even when I stop at a red light on a freeway entry people have abused me saying "Their was no one else there, you could have gone!!!" I just yell "F*ck you!" back at them...

Or going along a 70 zone doing the limit, people will over take me and give me the finger for not going fast enough... and they usaully got stopped at the lights and I'm right next to them again... just plain stupid...

As of yet I haven't had a P-Plater do any of that to me...

I even had a cop tailgate me one night on reid hwy between altone & beachboro trying to get me to speed lol. I think being a P-plater with a radar detector didn't help, but 'sif I'd be stupid enough to not notice a marked car behind me lol.

He cut another P-plater off to stay behind me too haha, where it merges after the lights.

Oh and merging topics has f*ked the flow of things...

Agree'd lol.

Edited by s2k12

I even had a cop tailgate me one night on reid hwy between altone & beachboro trying to get me to speed lol. I think being a P-plater with a radar detector didn't help, but 'sif I'd be stupid enough to not notice a marked car behind me lol.

He cut another P-plater off to stay behind me too haha, where it merges after the lights.

Yeah, I got that on my p's. I used to drive from gero to perth and back again every fortnight in my pulsar. That'd get right up my arse for about 2k's, so I used to slow down to 100 to wind them up haha. they'd get over it and slow down and turn around.

Lol I was close to brake-checking him, but then I thought, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it my fault even though they weren't leaving a safe distance, and "a cat ran out, you didn't see it?" isn't actually a legal reason to brake.... Hahaha.

Im a bit lazy to read all 8 pages so I dunno if this has been said or not but anyway...

It makes sense to have a power ban when you first get your licence. They do it for motorbikes so why not motor vehicles too.

Condolences to the girls family and friends.

Hope the driver dies though, dont give a fk if anyone knows him, drive like a fk wit then pay the consequences.

Im a bit lazy to read all 8 pages so I dunno if this has been said or not but anyway...

It makes sense to have a power ban when you first get your licence. They do it for motorbikes so why not motor vehicles too.

Condolences to the girls family and friends.

Hope the driver dies though, dont give a fk if anyone knows him, drive like a fk wit then pay the consequences.

There's not a power ban on motorbikes, only a displacement ban.

Also, there has been nothing but media speculation that he was driving like a f**kwit. The media also claimed at one stage that it was a V8, and at another stage that it had a $6,000 supercharger, so they clearly aren't the most reliable source of information. Please don't assume things unless there is proof.

There's not a power ban on motorbikes, only a displacement ban.

think you're being rather picky ....we all know what he means. for the first 12mnths of having your motorbike licence you are only allowed to ride a 250cc....

Flite, rather harsh words. I bet you have never exceeded the speed limit hey.

think you're being rather picky ....we all know what he means. for the first 12mnths of having your motorbike licence you are only allowed to ride a 250cc....

Yeah, but the point I was making is that the motorbike laws are still flawed. For example, an RS250 is a pretty fast bike, and there's nothing to say you can't make them even faster. But then you can't ride a larger bike, even if it's slower. Still a better system than letting a new rider onto a hayabusa, but flawed none the less.

ROFL

Pretty sure the bike thing works on power too.. a mate had a 650cc dominator (road/trail) which is able to be used on a small bike license as it only had like 33kW.

Also, don't brake-check cops.. they'll do you for dangerous driving (another mate of mine got done for it).

I'm a good boy :D

So anyone know, when these power bans will come into affect (some guys at uni were saying that its planned for the end of the year)? or is it still in the "planning" stages, as I can't find any info on the WA licensing website.

Hope it only affects the drivers who got their Ps after the effective date, otherwise I got no car to drive :P... just like now...

Pretty sure it effects all P-platers unless they already have a turbo in their name, if it's going to be like the eastern states.

Sucks for me, seeing as my turbo conversion isn't started yet lol. And I'm guessing the performance restrictions went from low priority to "oh shit, quick, introduce them in a matter of weeks" lol.

Pretty sure it effects all P-platers unless they already have a turbo in their name, if it's going to be like the eastern states.

Ahh... theres still time for me!, I better hurry & change the car from under my dad's name to mine :down:, 1st thing on my "to do list" when I get my car back from the panel shop... XD

btw, I thought the VIC road rules were that the new power restrictions only effected the ppl who got their Ps after the date the restrictions came in...

Edited by Mayuri Krab

This is ridiculous, will people forever just wash their hands of personal responsibility and just look left, right and centre for scapegoats...

Bolt down the doors, store 800,000 cans of baked beans, cover your house in 10 meters of concrete, IF U DON'T YOU WILL DIE!

FFS...

Jesus christ Mark, it's not that drastic and it's not shifting blame. It's an attempt to educate and control new drivers. Something should be done retrospectively for the existing drivers aswell in terms of more education and training but you do have to start at the source.

Edited by bubba