SAU Community

P-plate Laws and Recent crash

Sonic speed

2L, 4 cylinder engines don't sound to powerful. Was the Commodore a V8? Cos no matter how powerful a car is, you can do something stupid and kill yourself with it. Even a Charade...

ah ah ahhhh,a 6L ls2 tt Charade :D

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP - yes, down here we already have those p plate laws

and yes, the people in the media are fckwits who dont know shit.......probably was next to a bystander who was talking about v8 supercars at the time, and thought that they were talking about the car involved in the crash...

Guys whats with these new p plate laws.

Wanting to ban turbo,supercharged and v8 cars.Were all next!

Pulse of perth was running a poll to see if the people want these laws!

To vote no Call 1902 559 078.

Lets not let them win cause we could be next.

i have advised all my family and friends to call so please do pass the message.

Didn't they say something like it's had $6,000 worth of engine mods, converted to supercharger or something

Police media always hype stuff up. No one from the public will question it. They use big words or numbers...'$6000 worth of engine modifications', to us means sfa but to the average joe who doesn't spend anything on their car $6k will sound like lots of money to spend on top of a car.

Most of the journalists from those media organisations don't know sfa about cars, and just rely on the Police for correct infomation. I've read Police media releases from hoon incidents etc and there is always something wrong with them.

A proper journalist would make sure those facts are correct by checking them with other sources, however I guess with some of them they need the news to be out straight away leaving very little time to check up on the infomation given.

How did they find out the 180 had $6,000 worth of engine mods? Ask the dude while he lies half dead in IC to fill out a modification form and show them reciepts? lol. Police want to get a big point across about modified cars, and unfortunately this guy's f*ck up has been use to bring that point across. It probably just had a china exhaust & $20 air filter and thats it.

we def need restrictions on P platers... ffs, who in their right mind would allow a new driver to get behind the wheel of anything powerful or worked is just beyond me... RIP to the passenger :glare:

Parents these days just have no friggen idea... or don't care? I just don't get it.

I agree... I had 2 v8's on my p's and I'm still kickn,

BUT there are some absolute f*ck wit P platers out there. I reckon p platers should be allowed high powered car but they need a special licence which requires training or a shorter leash, ei no tolerance to hooning

Edit: lol, my sister will be spewing, she just bought a $12,000 VS ute with a VT 5L in it, and shes 16 n shes been saving and saving while working a HJ's. hahahahaha

Edited by -Dukes-

do you really think they will air the real results on TV of this phone in, this is the media we are talking about, phone away if you like, but that means that you have to trust what Pulse of Perth tell you afterwards.

Sorry man... I kind of think its a good idea too. If I had something as powerful as even my NA R33 was, I would have been in serious trouble while on my P's, never mind the turbo R34. Nothing wrong with waiting for a couple of years to get a turbo/v8. Too many stupid deaths because of people on their P's being stupid. I know there are some who are responsible, and I even know a few. But the statistics speak for themselves

yeah and they are the one that are suppose to be training the little barstards to drive.

I tell you what, If I was going to teach my kids to drive i'd get them to do basic driving school, then defensive driving, then advanced driving drill it into there heads that if they f**k up and crash they will die. bang dead... even if they survive, I'll kill em... lol :glare:

Parents these days just have no friggen idea... or don't care? I just don't get it.

doesn't matter how much training or education you give some people they will always remain the same. and the end result for them will be the same.

also IT may give some younger drivers a false senses of im a good driver now just because i have done a driving course

yeah, im sick and tired of getting "revved" up by p platers etc. i had a kid in a vs commie come up next to me whilst im doing 75km's in a 80 zone and "kick" back his auto and ring the freakin neck off the v6 and take off past me. i then thought to myself......for what? -too pick up some cred from a guy who he is never going to see again? the +'s and -'s dont add up. do the speed limit and casually cruise up next to the guy/girl and give thumbs up if ya want. makes everyones day better. keeps the grannies from cursing at ya and keeps the police from pulling out the vaso

Thats exactly it. I have a friend who bought an S15. Some of the people on this forum would know about this. He always drove quite cautiously. After one driver training day on the skid pan, he thought he was a good driver and put his car sideways into a pole. The car was a right off.

also IT may give some younger drivers a false senses of im a good driver now just because i have done a driving course

always be a few new drivers that will think that, and they would speed even if they had not done the course, but for the rest of them, esp with wet roads conditions at the moment, should have a better understanding of how to control a car

Even though I had a v8 and also daily drove a 911 while on my P's, I agree with the power ban.

Kids have a lot more access to fast cars nowadays and seem to not learn to drive in bunkies but jump straight to a light, tail happy, turbo import OR big, fat, horribly handling, ADM v8s.

Personally, I think P platers should ONLY be allowed to drive 4cyl N/A's with less than 100kW. All these 6cyl family cars are just as dangerous as the imports or fat v8s.