SAU Community

I Ended Up Getting My Xr6 Turbo..

zorb_rules

Okay guys brought her today p;ick her up tomoz..

its a 2004 model xr6 turbo.. black in colour.. 5 speed manual

It's lowered, sits on 19" g-max rims and has an aftermarket exhuast.

104xxx km's on the clock and I paik 22k for it.

post-31149-1216542796_thumb.jpg

post-31149-1216542805_thumb.jpg

post-31149-1216542815_thumb.jpg

Nice.. A mate from work has just picked one up.

It looks like these are set to be the next VL turbo for sure.

that was pretty much the word as soon as they said they would release a turbo model... wise move ford

yeah she should do the job still got the r33 for now contemplating whether to sell it or not...basically I got this cause I wanted something with simialr go to the r33 but newer and less cop bait..this should be ok...i hope..

Well I've ahd to wait another day for her..which was disappointing but as long as everything goes well.. it'll be in ym hands sometime this arvo..then ill take her for a spin up th dandeongs..weather permitting.. if its too damp I don't wanna tempt fate since I don't know the car that well just yet..but i'll update you all as to how she goes..

for now Im gonna keep it stock..but eventually a stage 3 kit from CAPA looks liek the way to go... FMIC, Capa Flash Tuner, Injectors, fuel pump and Cold air intake for around 3k and netting around 340kw atw seems like a decent upgrade to go along with the exhuast it already has...

http://www.capa.com.au/prices_ford_power_parts.htm#ford_xr6

okay jesse ill give ya bell in the arvo..had to put off picking her up for another day cos the shit car yard didnt fix one of the small things I wanted done beofre taking delivery of the car..so shattered...

well guys picked her up yesterday after some stuuffina round..but I love it..few lil niggly problems I have to get fixed (but thats the beauty of your brother being a ford mechanic)....she goes hard and handles pretty good..haven't given it a real test yet but without the traction control on she sure likes to spin the wheels..1st 2nd and 3rd on dry road..I was quite impressed..

im comparisson to the r33 I think this has power through the entire range where as I noticed my 33 had a lot of grunt off the line but tended to die at the top end...not sure if ANYONE CAN BACK ME UP WITH THAT COMMENT BUT JUST FROM AN INTIAL OBSERVATION...

oops sorry hit caps and couldnt be shagged deleting and re-writing :P