SAU Community

Cooler Pipe Poped Off And Now The Car Is Missing Bad

Ok so this is the problem.

Took off in first, snapped second and the car cut out.

Started and stalled the car for 200 metres to get it off the road. (not fun on a main road at night in the wet)

Check the engine and found the cooler pipe from the throttle body which goes to the hole under the battery had pooped off. (greddy type m intercooler)

cool so put it back on started the car and now its missing but not really stalling

it misses at idle and under load

I thought I could have fouled the plugs so I gave it I kick in the arse to clear it out

no good still missing

took off AFM while engine was running, car cuts out,

started the car with AFM off, high idle missing is a little better but still there

drive the car home, missing at all RPM barely drivable

Mods on the car thats relivant

r33 turbo

greddy intercooler

3 inch zurst

12psi

greddy profec b spec 2

fuel pressure gauge

air fuel gauge

volts gauge

Here is some extra data

1. I always get popping from the intake manifold when I cold start and backfire between gears so just im guessing the backfire could have caused back pressure and the cooler pipe to pop. This is probably a timing/tune related issue but something to add anyway.

2. the last thing i did to the car was reinstall the fuel pressure gauge sender

So what could have caused the problem?

Is the missing the result of the problem or the cause?

Ideas so far

1.plugs are still fouled (clean, test) but wouldn't have caused the pipe to pop

3.coils? Pull 1 at a time to test for change

basically my mate and i drive 35kms to work together everyday and he wroteoff his 180sx to weeks ago so we are carless unless i can find a solution

Please help

Your pipes popped off due to bad clamp or weak wrist while tightening clamp.

your car runs like crap now due to the 200m of driving worth of fuel that was dumped on the plugs with no air to mix with.

resolution.

1.) use better clamps or use wanking hand to tighten clamps properly (this hand will be stronger).

2.) buy 6 new NGK copper plugs with 0.8mm gap and put them in (wanking hand tightness not required for putting in plugs)

as for your other little problems.

you have a car with an ecu that was tuned SAFELY for 10 psi through a turbo of size X

you now have 12 psi crammed in to it through a turbo that flows 15% more at same boost levels as stock turbo.

I'm sure a remap/chip would resolve the little misfires up top etc.

speak to Toshi or CEF11E from these forums for remap options.

thanks for being so candid hahaha im still laughing.

i got a new set of NGK Coppers BCPR6ES to go in tonight (fingers crossed)

i did give it a good pumping for a couple of minutes afterwards but maybe there stuffed

at $3 a plug i dont care. hehe

as for a remap ive had a pfc and hand controller sitting in my shed for 6 months now.

im trying the get the money together for a major service, tune and to put my hks cam gears in.

im nearly there so hopefully your right.

ill test tonight a post results.

thanks guys.

Mods on the car thats relivant

r33 turbo

greddy intercooler

3 inch zurst

12psi

greddy profec b spec 2

fuel pressure gauge

air fuel gauge

volts gauge

So you dont have a tune for the r33 turbo?

So you dont have a tune for the r33 turbo?

thanks guys for your input.

6 dead spark plugs later and the car is flying again. i had the some ngk plugs in it before but they were 7's. the 6's are smooth as.

very happy

thanks guys for your input.

6 dead spark plugs later and the car is flying again. i had the some ngk plugs in it before but they were 7's. the 6's are smooth as.

very happy

yeah still need cash for PFC tune but i still made 180kw atw on the dyno so still a healthy figure.

My cars intercooler piping popped off a while back, I put it back on and things went alright. It came off again, and again.. til I bracketed the bastard from coming off anymore.

I drove the car to a crash repair shop to get some work done and when I went to drive it out, the car wouldnt start. Theres fuel going to it, but just no bang! :P

Could this be the same problem? And is it the same thing that I need to have a look at? :)

Sorry to ask in this thread but its basically the same concept.

Cheers...

My cars intercooler piping popped off a while back, I put it back on and things went alright. It came off again, and again.. til I bracketed the bastard from coming off anymore.

I drove the car to a crash repair shop to get some work done and when I went to drive it out, the car wouldnt start. Theres fuel going to it, but just no bang! :D

Could this be the same problem? And is it the same thing that I need to have a look at? :woot:

Sorry to ask in this thread but its basically the same concept.

Cheers...

id def have a look at it but what work was done at the shop, was any pipes taken off???? does your car normally have cold start issues??

If your using what we call here in the states.....WORM CLAMPS......... then you may want to run a bead around the ends of each pipe so the clamps have something to bit.

Or put 2 clamps on the pipe/coupling thats popping off

When I said bead I ment weld bead...

But worm clamps are :D

Edited by meet07