SAU Community

Blow Off Valve Is Causing Car To Stall!

i have bought a turbosmart type2 veeport bov and installed it on my skyline.

now my car keeps stalling and ive followed the instruction and tightened the spring but it still stalls,we have checked over it and theres no leaks,no blockages and no collapsed or twisted hose.

i got the spring as tight as it could go and it still stalled so i ended up taking it off and put the factory part back on and it runs perfect and doesnt stall and now i have wasted $400 on the adapter and bov.

im confused to why it stalls,hope yous can help me out.

The car is overfuelling due to the ATMO BOV.

The car expects the re-circ BOV to be there, its tuned for it.

Hence when you put it back it works fine.

So you have two choices.

Get a ECU & tune it ($1500)

Or go back to the stock one... which is is how Nissan intended it to be :D

Nothing wrong with the stock BOV so not really sure why you would want to change it anyhow.

The car is overfuelling due to the ATMO BOV.

The car expects the re-circ BOV to be there, its tuned for it.

Hence when you put it back it works fine.

So you have two choices.

Get a ECU & tune it ($1500)

Or go back to the stock one... which is is how Nissan intended it to be :D

Nothing wrong with the stock BOV so not really sure why you would want to change it anyhow.

thanks for the info.

im having the same problem with my turbosmart BOV but i have set it up so its set to recirc and its still stalling i have no idea whats goin on with it and im looking at being in the same boat as blitz becuz im gunna have to put the stocker back on or get an aftermarket ecu and tune (better start saving lol)

installing a HKS Fuel Cut Defender should override this problem? i think.

i experienced the same with my Blitz. I didnt mind the stalling every now and then, but i removed it to avoid the boys in blue.

The stock one does its job well enough!

ive heard alot of specualtion, but how much boost can a standard r32 gtst bov handle?

has anyone had a problem running 17-18 psi thru one?

im ready to put my stocka back on and see if it helps with the stalling..

as previously mentioned.. maybe investigate if you can adapt that BOV back to a plumb back .

also vac leaks can be quite hard to track down .. make sure you look for cracks at the places where other pipes join the inlet ( if there are any )

to be honest I was really impressed by the stock recirc valve on the rb25det NEO .. looked very well made! and at least if you have a recirc BOV the boys in blue have got one less thing to bend you over for !

and if you have a pod you should still hear the BOV noise.

ive heard alot of specualtion, but how much boost can a standard r32 gtst bov handle?

From what I've read on SAU, the standard 32 gtst bov can handle about 14psi before it starts to leak if I remember correctly. If you want to run the standard plumb back system, I think you can just get the GTR's bov and put it in its place. They handle up to about 20-ish psi.

Feel free to correct me.

Its wierd mine has worked fine on the car and it has never stalled. Might change it back just cos it gets annoying sometimes. Did you make sure you used the gasket between the bov and the intake pipe?

• 8 months later...

yeh ive got a mate with a 32 with standard ecu and a turbosmart vee port and it runs fine, dont think ive ever seen the thing stall

not sure why that is really