SAU Community

Jus Some Help Witha Coolant Leak

MikeyGTRmike

as the title says im leaking coolant out the back of my engine near the firewall it only does it when i turn the car off and it just pours out... Now im thinking that this is coming out of one of the heater lines, but im unsure.. anyone know what it could be and how hard will it be to fix myself???

Any help would be great, cheers Mike

Very common problem with skylines and nissan in general.. It is most likely the metal pipe which attached to the block (its not running out of it just bolted to it) you will need it on a hoist and a damn long extension once you get the starter out.

FYI Cold welds will not work.. Welds will but the part was only $50 from nissan for my R34 so cheap as.

Very common problem with skylines and nissan in general.. It is most likely the metal pipe which attached to the block (its not running out of it just bolted to it) you will need it on a hoist and a damn long extension once you get the starter out.

FYI Cold welds will not work.. Welds will but the part was only $50 from nissan for my R34 so cheap as.

whats it called just so i can tell my mechanic... cheers

Heater pipe is a non technical term which refers to several of them I guess... however it only had a part number goto nissan and get the engine diagram for that part of the engine and check it out.. Thats what I did.

Then order the part.. Or remove/order/replace.

...im leaking coolant out the back of my engine near the firewall it only does it when i turn the car off and it just pours out...

Thats wack, so it pours out... as soon as you kill the engine?

Same thing happened to me a while back. It would piss out one the engine was turned off.

My leak was a hose that connected to the metal tube from the turbo water line. Hot coolant from turbos expanded more once engine shut down and found the easiest way out.

Got under car and moved starter motor. With one hand I managed to replace the pipe (crap job to do), took me 5 hours.