SAU Community

Hi, Just Wanna Get To Know More

princess01

Hi,

my name is Gemma and i am the proud owner of a R33 GTS-T. I have her for about 3 years but only just finding the desired time to get into it as much as i thought i would before i brought it :(

I live in western sydney and am yet to meet another skyline owner ;)

If you are willing to give me advice about my car and help me out with my limited slef taught knowlegde the id love to hear from you :)

Chat soon

gem

post-32530-1218181858_thumb.jpg

Hey Gemma.

Yep, skylines can be few and far between at times.

There are a few of us in the western sydney area.

Just come along to the next SAU event.

Theres always good stuff on, and people to catch up with the car bug!

Welcome!

Yep as per Sean.. come along to some events... we don't bite... well much ;)

There is a Dyno day on next weekend (see events thread) and Texi a few weeks away in Sept... (see my sig)

Oh also the hills meetup (again in the events thread) at the end of the month.... there are also Campbelltown, Liverpool etc meetups...

:(

Gemma, welcome to the modifications bug lol, handy things to buy are Engine manual for referencing and breakdown of "how to" do anything from minor services to major overhauls. You can find them on disc or at JPNZ for a printed copy. Also dont be afraid to PM people about what they have done modifications wise and its effect. People like Sydneykid who are suspension guru's can advise you on best way to travel with handling and there are plenty of Site sponsors to get you the bits and pieces you will need to maintain a healthy skyline.

Definitely participate in as many meetings or cruises as you can cause it helps put names to faces and learn upcoming events. keep an eye on the forums and just read things you see discussed between members as you will be surprised how much info is on here.

Take part in track and skidpan days when they come up as often as you can for improving driver awareness and technique. Defensive driving courses are awesome too. I do one every year learning something new every time about me and my car.

Most of all, research everything before you start something and do it completely the first time. You will save yourself $$$ by replacing $15 parts when its out rather than that bit failing just after you have had the major bits it supports rebuilt.

Enjoy ;)