SAU Community

Nm35 & M35

awd2.0t

Hey Guys,

What is the difference between the NM35 & M35? Is it that the the NM is 4wd?

Cheers

Sean

You have it in one. NM35 = 4WD.

Most of these cars will be referred to as M35's but if looking at auctions make sure they are NM35 if you want the 4WD.

Cheers

Andy

You have it in one. NM35 = 4WD.

Most of these cars will be referred to as M35's but if looking at auctions make sure they are NM35 if you want the 4WD.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for that we're in the process of selling one car to place an order for either an AR-X with the twin sunroof's & the 8 airbag option for safety & then lowering it (I did read that there were some concerns with lowering the AR-X so this is option 2) or waiting for an AXIS model with the twin sunroof's and all the bells & whistles.

It will take some time to find either of these cars with reasonable km's and in good condition, so I will need to be patient.

Cheers

Sean.

Thanks for that we're in the process of selling one car to place an order for either an AR-X with the twin sunroof's & the 8 airbag option for safety & then lowering it (I did read that there were some concerns with lowering the AR-X so this is option 2) or waiting for an AXIS model with the twin sunroof's and all the bells & whistles.

It will take some time to find either of these cars with reasonable km's and in good condition, so I will need to be patient.

Cheers

Sean.

Hi Sean

There is no problem lowering the ARX. I have fitted the Bilstein kit that drops it around 40mm (140mm clearance) (the camber is about -1 to -1.5 degree F&R) and with the 18inch wheels it fills the arches perfectly. The only concern is that the Bilstein distributor in Japan who had these kits made no longer has any stock and you need to source a kit in the Japanese retail market. But the car is transformed in performance with the suspension and solid sway bars from Selby's.

The only performance benifit of the ARX is that it is fitted with a LSD standard. The Axis is not.

Cheers

Andy

I thought there was an issue with the HICAS or something like that?? Not sure as it is all early days in the research for me. I like the AR-X as they have all the options that we (wife & I) are after, but after driving one I agree they need to be lowered which is why I wanted the AXIS model. I also like the fact that the AXIS already has a colour coded moldings & body kit.

So my plan was to buy an AR-X and then lower it, colour code the side moldings and maybe get the AXIS body kit.

For lowering, is there another option outside of the Bilstein kit as I imagine this would be hard to source.

What are your thoughts in terms of cost? Which would work out cheaper buying an AR-X & making the changes or an AXIS?

Thanks for your info so far!

Cheers

I thought there was an issue with the HICAS or something like that?? Not sure as it is all early days in the research for me. I like the AR-X as they have all the options that we (wife & I) are after, but after driving one I agree they need to be lowered which is why I wanted the AXIS model. I also like the fact that the AXIS already has a colour coded moldings & body kit.

So my plan was to buy an AR-X and then lower it, colour code the side moldings and maybe get the AXIS body kit.

For lowering, is there another option outside of the Bilstein kit as I imagine this would be hard to source.

What are your thoughts in terms of cost? Which would work out cheaper buying an AR-X & making the changes or an AXIS?

Thanks for your info so far!

Cheers

I think if you try to lower the car toooo far the HICAS may be an issue but the drop of 40mm with the kit I have installed has not caused any issue. Tyre wear has not suffered and handeling is just great, city and open road. SydneyKid helped me (did the most) install the suspension and checked it all out for toe, and camber and it all sits perfectly with this mild drop. I know at least one other ARX that has had the same shocks but different springs that sits his car a tad lower and all is great. The tyres sit about 30mm below the wheel arch so plenty of clearance.

You need to bear in mind that the suspension set up on this wagon is not like any other wagon you have seen before. It is basically the same as the 350Z set up so it is very advanced for a wagon. In top of that you have a 52/48 weight distribution so with good shocks and control over the body (read stiffer swaybars) the car is a great car to drive.

The ARX standard suspension is quite soft and on my car with 43K km on the clock, the suspension had become soo soft the shock could be compressed by hand.

I did a few searches and found some Tein options, but none list the AR-X only the 250RX & RS along with the 350 AXIS. All the model numbers are the same, so is too much to assume that the AR-X will be able to use this suspension aswell?

I did a few searches and found some Tein options, but none list the AR-X only the 250RX & RS along with the 350 AXIS. All the model numbers are the same, so is too much to assume that the AR-X will be able to use this suspension aswell?

I think it is too much too assume that they will fit the ARX. The only kit I could find that fits the ARX was the Bilstein kit.

ARX ground clearance = 180mm

RS/RX = 140mm

So if you fit a RS kit to an ARX and drop it it will drop almost 80mm which will to much IMO.

Iwas just looking on Import Monster and saw a Tanabe Kit. I remember that last year some one in WA had C-Red install a Tanabe kit on their ARX with no drama.

This is a link to a kit on Import monster for the Tanabe kit, http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=h...&title=NM35.