SAU Community

Idle Problems

WA_R32

Hey, im having a few issues with my idle at the moment i did a search but nothing really came up just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what might be wrong

ever since the cruise last friday night (did give the car a bit of a hammering) it has been idling at about 1200-1400 rpm where it usually idles at 800 rpm does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

:D

Matt

Hey Matt, have you tried having the car idling and slowly tightening the screw on the IAC? The more you tighten it the more lower the rev's become on idle. Originally my car idled at around 1100rpm, tightened the screw and its about 750rpm now.

I'm not sure if it would be that because I dont think it would come loose from giving the car a hammering, but you may as well give it a shot if ya haven't already :P

young matt, i have a theory, the air temps at that alttitude might be playing around with your idle,

whats the solution you ask??? easy......... lower your 4WD :P

NOW!!!! im just thinking where you could buy yourself lowered suspension hmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

young matt, i have a theory, the air temps at that alttitude might be playing around with your idle,

whats the solution you ask??? easy......... lower your 4WD :P

NOW!!!! im just thinking where you could buy yourself lowered suspension hmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

haha sam good call tell me about this place where i can get this so called suspension :)

ill see you soon bitch

Hmm.. did u try adjusting the screw for controlling the idle yet? :ninja:

yeah i have tried that its not making a difference so i might go over all the vacuum hoses again i may have missed one