SAU Community

Some Advise On A Turbo

fandango

hi guys looking at buying a turbo but im starting to think that it may be a little to big for my power goals. i am looking for about 230kw, just a nice street car.i have a front mount, pod, full 3 inch zhorst, fuel pump, boost controller......... will be getting either an emange or remap(not sure yet) and maybe injectors.the question is this turbo way to big for my power goals? oh by the way i drive an 1996 r33 sII gtst.any advise would be great, thanks guys

Garrett T04E Turbo.

The turbo has a .50 a/r comp cover and 1.32 a/r externally waste gated turbine housing 6 bolt outlet with T3/T4 flange.

Compressor wheel has a 53.5mm inducer and 82.5mm exducer with 29mm tip hight (5mm higher than the to4b wheels).

Has a oil cooled bearing housing and a large trim turbine wheel.

GEEZ!! thats crazy u wont get boost till like 6000rpm!! u really dont want nethin bigger than .82 rear housing for the street. .62 would b the best option for response and power and should hit full boost at 3600 ish. look at a garrett GT30 ext gate turbo it is rated a 500hp and should make 420 at the rears or if u want to step up u could get a GT35 rated at 600hp and that will make 500hp at the wheels with the boost turned rite up lol

He said he only want 230kw not 300kw and an externally gated turbo requires a new manifold and 100 other things.

Imo you have two reliable options....

1. Get a decent quality highflow <1000

2. Get a hks gtr-s >2000

And be careful most of those "t04e's" are old and crapped out or not genuine afterall.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The housing it self made minimum differences, while the exhaust manifold made a difference. 6 Boost T3 divided will do fine. ATR43SS3ProR model in T3 .82 rear (TS optional) from March 25th will be more then capable of 450whp with excellent response.   
    • The boy crashed his Patrol a while ago, so he is now driving his mum's ASX and she is driving my Honda I initially said he could have the Honda to drive around (he's a good kid currently training at the police academy), but, his mum was quick in saying that he "will" take the ASX and she will take the Honda, he was a bit upset with that, he rates the manual Honda more than the automatic ASX (mums taxi), and I'm getting the feeling she enjoys thrashing the manual Honda around In other news, I'm looking at a MX5 NB series 2 on Saturday  I always loved my NB series 1, but after stripping it down because I'm a idiot it wasn't fun cruising or driving around daily, and Jackie refused to drive it, which was an issue if we went out, because her refusing to drive it meant I lost my designated driver if we went to a party, or dinner, or...... basically anywhere where I could get a glow on Yes yes, I may need a new job if I decide to buy https://www.seek.com.au/apprentice-hairdresser-jobs/in-All-Sydney-NSW Plus giving the Honda to the boy, which is my cunning plan, will give me enough wifey type credits to turn up in another car Meh
    • Yeah I've just been checking it out on GTR registry and its the emerald green pearl (DS0) and only 610 made for S1 RS-Four V (if i'm understanding correctly) so I feel obliged to restore the paint to as close to original as possible!
    • Thankyou, sir! Yeah I'm having a lot of fun rewiring bits of the car. I used to dislike wiring a lot before, I dont like it any more but it is getting easier