SAU Community

Rs Four S

CL11QE

Hey people,

Just wondering who of you actually have the Series 2 RS Four S (factory manual), and have done suspension

mods to it? What have you guys done? SK Kit? Coilovers? As you may or may not know the factory manual has

different suspension from the other models so it can be slightly harder sourcing something that isn't something

just rated for a skyline. What i wanna know is what have you guys done/tried, and how have you found the

results? I know a lot of people on here love SK's kit, but what other off the shelf options are there? I know a

few people might say jap suspension isn't designed for Aussie roads etc etc, but I'd still like to see what other

options are available specifically for the RS Four S....

im looking atm. i havent found anything yet, but im goin to go out on a limb and guess they share the same suspension as the 260rs. i could be wrong

so far the bilstiens are looking to be the best for a daily. they seem to be the most suited to everyday use. but theres a few of the jap coilovers to choose from, but u just gotta decide what ur after from ur suspension.

i'll let u know if i find out anymore

The main question is where can you get them from?? I've got a rs4v but finding suspension a right royal pain. the SK package is great but my problem is where to get them from other than from SK (mainly due to he's too busy to respond to PM's)

I don't really want to get coilovers (due to personal choice and from a roadworthy standpoint) but if worse comes to worse, then I would have to get coilovers.

Have you had a read on the suspension thread - could find some answers in there or maybe ask more questions and give you a headache

Hey people,

Just wondering who of you actually have the Series 2 RS Four S (factory manual), and have done suspension

mods to it? What have you guys done? SK Kit? Coilovers? As you may or may not know the factory manual has

different suspension from the other models so it can be slightly harder sourcing something that isn't something

just rated for a skyline. What i wanna know is what have you guys done/tried, and how have you found the

results? I know a lot of people on here love SK's kit, but what other off the shelf options are there? I know a

few people might say jap suspension isn't designed for Aussie roads etc etc, but I'd still like to see what other

options are available specifically for the RS Four S....

Im just about to buy my second set of tein coilovers for my series 2 RS Four S. The first set i bought were tein super wagons and they were the second best set they make. They were excelent and fully adjustable so u can adjust them to any driving condition. Im selling them to a mate for near the same price i Bought them for and upgrading to the gt wagon. There is 3 different types of tein coilovers for the stagea, The basic wagon, super wagon and gt wagon. Im purchasing them from nengun.com. Have a look if ur interested.

i have the SK Bilstein shocks with standard springs. this seems the easy option providing they are able to supply them in a timely manner.

the sway bar upgrade on the RS4S is relatively a smaller upgrade (due to the already larger bars) than on the RS4V but still worthwhile.

the tein street range seems to get good reviews so presumably you need to look at the 260RS range to get the correct fork end on the rear shocks.

Hey all, thought I would share my experience with my suspension mods. I must admit I embarked on my suspension upgrade before becoming familiar with Skylines australia and I wasn't aware of SK's kit. But saying that I am happy with what I have come up with and I have had a few comments from both the suspension shop that did my mods and mates as to how well my car rides so I am pretty happy.

I chose to fit a set of Greddy Type S coilovers for a R33 GTR to my stagea. I had to get the rear strut tops slightly modified to fit, easy job for any good suspension shop. The only issue is the rear springs are progressive and this is no good for the rear of the stagea due to the weight. I swapped these springs out for a set of off the shelf eibach items 7.6kg in weight I think from memory.

So basicly I have ended up with monotube 46mm diameter coilovers. 32 way adjustable damping, adjustable bases and spring perches. The spring rates are 8kg in the front and 7.6kg in the rear. It is firm but i don't find it uncomfortable and it is certainly not crashy like some setups in cars i have experienced in the past. All up this probably cost me $2500 but I had a couple of adjustments and I was paying for all the labour but if you were capabale of fitting this yourself I imagine you could do it easily for $2000.

I've attached some pics, Hope this gives you guys a few ideas on whats possible.

post-39581-1221829398_thumb.jpg

post-39581-1221829416_thumb.jpg

awesome mate, this is the kinda thing i'd been looking for. where abouts are u located n what suspension shop did u use?? i can get the greddy's for a pretty decent discount through a mate so i will have to get some prices....

I am located in Altona in Melbourne.

In terms of fitting the suspension I am not mechanical at all so a big part of the cost was paying for labour. I ended up using Pedders Suspension in Werribee. They did all of the modifications to the rear strut tops and fitted and aligned the new suspension, got a few bushes replaced and a subframe alignment kit installed at the same time. Then swapped out the rear springs some time later maybe a month as I wasn't happy with the ride. I got Trutrack suspension in they city to do this, they also supplied the Eibach springs. I would highly recommend Trutrack in future, heaps of good advice and they really know their stuff. If you were going to do the same thing yourself you can get the rear strut tops modified at any good engineering shop and at the same time I would swap out the rear springs as you have to take the strut tops off anyway. Eibach springs are pretty reasonable. I think they were about $300 from memory.

Good Luck

Yeah the mods are simple all they need to do is machine down the outer edge of the rear billet strut tops as the stagea rear strut tops are smaller and oval in diameter. They also had to reposition the bolts slightly in more. If you take the rear stuts out and compare them against a gtr rear strut top you'll see exactly what I mean. I have heard the reason that stageas have smaller oval shaped rear strut tops is so that the rear strut towers don't intrude too much into the boot being that the stagea is a wagon and designed to carry loads in the back.

Anyone used or is using the tein basic wagon coilovers?

im thinking about using those when it comes time to upgrade.

Adam.

hey mate trying to keep this a topic just for the s2 rs four s suspension....maybe ask your question in the general stagea suspension

thread or have a read through it, i think a few people have mentioned it there....

since we are both in the hills area you can check out the ride comfort if you want to use your bum-o-meter to compare ride quality compared to standard.

you have the sk kit? i've been in Nicks car n its not too bad, maybe a lil stiff....but id be keen to meet up with another Stagea owner anyway....