SAU Community

Rs Four S

CL11QE

i have checked the nengun site, but none of them had mentioned a set for the rs four s, only the rs four v which is different....do you have part numbers?

Im trying to find out some part numbers as we speak on the tein range. Aparently the gt wagon has been discontinued and the are replacing it with the superflex wagon. as soon as i get some part number ill post it up.

Im trying to find out some part numbers as we speak on the tein range. Aparently the gt wagon has been discontinued and the are replacing it with the superflex wagon. as soon as i get some part number ill post it up.

yeh i couldnt see any part numbers that specifically mentioned the rs four s....though someone above mentioned maybe the same as the 260's though...

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered some super wagons and went to have them fitted today only to have the workshop tell me that I have a fork configuration in the rear setup and the suspension will not fit.

He seems to think that I have M35 rear suspension and it is due to an accident in Japan that 'may' have happened.

Im pissed as I asked them to check the rear suspension before ordering as mentioned in this thread that it is different to an Auto stagea.

Has anyone (RS4S only) got a part number we can use? or does anyone know if the 260rs is the correct choice?

I dont think my car has been in any sort of accident as I have had it check previously.

I have read that the GTR suspension does fit (with some mods) but then is it the right thing to do or is the wagon to heavy?

Thanks for your help.

I ordered some super wagons and went to have them fitted today only to have the workshop tell me that I have a fork configuration in the rear setup and the suspension will not fit.

He seems to think that I have M35 rear suspension and it is due to an accident in Japan that 'may' have happened.

Im pissed as I asked them to check the rear suspension before ordering as mentioned in this thread that it is different to an Auto stagea.

Has anyone (RS4S only) got a part number we can use? or does anyone know if the 260rs is the correct choice?

I dont think my car has been in any sort of accident as I have had it check previously.

I have read that the GTR suspension does fit (with some mods) but then is it the right thing to do or is the wagon to heavy?

Thanks for your help.

A series 2 rs-four-s (factory manual) has the fork on the rear suspension, the same as the 33/34 gtr. The suspension that they got for you would be for an rs-four-v i would assume, which is automatic and they have different suspension. I'm not sure if the 260rs suspension would fit, and yes 33/34 gtr suspension with slight adjustments to the top will fit however you would need to change the rear springs as the rate would be for a coupe not a wagon. As far as i'm aware (don't quote me here though) there is no suspension available from tein for the rs-four-s, im not even sure if there is any available specifically for the 260, but im not 100% on that last part.

Can anyone shed some light on the point of GT-R suspension fitting a Stagea? I am going to look at some this weekend and want to know if springs have to be changed so I can swap them over.

Cheers,

Peter.

Can anyone shed some light on the point of GT-R suspension fitting a Stagea? I am going to look at some this weekend and want to know if springs have to be changed so I can swap them over.

Cheers,

Peter.

as mentioned above, the tops on the gtr rear suspension have to be modified as the towers in a stagea are slightly smaller to try and accommodate for a larger boot space in the wagon. i imagine it would be some shaving of excess width on the top plates, which im sure a suspension workshop could advise on. also the rear springs do have to be changed because it is carrying a wagon not a coupe, this was also already mentioned above.

Thanks for your help.

if there is a 260RS option it should suit. the RS4S has an R33 rear end soit has a fork on the rear shock.

Thanks guys, he wanted to send the Super Wagons to Fulcrum who are the supplier in QLD, where they would chop up my stock suspension and install the for in the super wagon.

He was not going to charge me for this and was still going to supply me with a 2 year warranty but I ended up taking the car away and Im going to go to Tru Track where they advised they have done a few in the past and really seem to know their stuff!!

They did however quote $600 just to supply eibach spring which i think is a little steep! Does anyone know which other springs will fit that are a reasonable price?

Thanks again

Dave

hi dave

i kept the factory springs with SK's Bilstein shocks.

if you have upgraded the sway bars you shouldn't need particularly high spring rates. with the circlip grooves you get plenty of height adjustment.

Thats for that, I didnt realise you could leave your stock springs in! How low can you go with just installing shocks?

if you dont need to install springs as well then what is the benefit of doing so?

Thats for that, I didnt realise you could leave your stock springs in! How low can you go with just installing shocks?

if you dont need to install springs as well then what is the benefit of doing so?

The shocks themselves are a lot better controlled and suited to Aussie conditions than factory ones, not to mention that your old shocks are quite likely worn out anyway, so they won't be performing to their best potential.

Keeping the factory springs would keep the ride fairly smooth, and the SK shocks would be the "balancing act" between ride and handling. I've got both the SK-spec springs and shocks, and it's pretty stiff.

you can get pretty low without compromising function and handling.

the fronts at the moment are around 350mm-355mm (centre wheel to guard). i'm pretty sure there are more circlip grooves to go even lower (although i don't know why you would want to go lower).

i certainly wouldn't want to up in spring rates from the current RS4S. whether they are different to the auto's is something i don't know.

• 1 month later...

do u still have ur teins that u bought?

all right i will in-lighten your situation. the fronts struts are the exact same as a 33 gtr and in the s2 rs4s it comes with all the gtr goodies except engine and the 260rs is the same on;y with the rb26. now in saying that the s2 rs4s/260rs are controlled by r34 gtr computer gadgets i.e The g sensor atessa computer and the stagea gets it's own personal main computer. now getting to the under side

rs4s/260rs owners get: gtr bow,tail shaft, rear diff housing (diff ratio is diffrent), drive shafts, cv's, rear cradle, and the all important hubs hence we have the gtr fork type rear suspension however the wagon struts are slightly diffrent the strutt tops are smaller the strut itself is longer and the fluid viscosity is more dense as the wagon is quite a bit heaver i hope that answers your question.

with the tein wgns yes they come with the single bush in the base and we need the fork type i have now 2 idears they height adjust from the bottom so you could order from fulcrum the gtr screw on base? the other idear is the one i am about to do is cut the bottom off and cut my stock folk mounts of and weld them on to the teins

my question is though is y some people are totally against coilovers if you buy some good ones like tein or eibach i am shure there is other great ones you can order them wuth what ever spring rate suits you then you can adjust them to what ever setting you could ever need to suit you. not designed for Australian conditions my butt, you order them to suit.