SAU Community

Hids Suk

locoloc

Hi.

I purchased my car(r32gtr) a with a set of HID's installed (not sure of brand). There are two ballasts and it also has a high beam..

Was told the projectors were of a honda euro, how true this is i dont know....

My problem: there way way way too bright, (in a way it's good cause other drivers move out of my path when im behind them.)

At the moment i have tape across half the light, sought of looks like an eyelid, doesnt look too bad but would prefer not to have it.

Just after some advice on having more subtle headlights. I have conjoured up ideas myself but i'm just after the easiest solution in both time and money.

Heres a list i made if anyone has suggestions to whether they will work or not or what would you do...

1. Change the globes (if possible to change to less brighter)

2. change the globe socket to original ( not sure about wiring and also the projector is off a euro)

3. change the entire headlight unit

cheers

hey man,

Sounds like you may have been duped with that purchase, sounds like the headlights are standard R32 Bug eyes with HID lights in them,

best thing to do is get some bulbs, H1 for the main beams and swap them out with some standard halogen ones, nothing you can do can make HIDs look good in a skyline,

Unless you retrofit some projectors or buy a 34 or up :)

I highly doubt you've got Honda Euro projectors retro fitted into your headlights if you have to put tape over the top half of your headlights to make it better for on coming traffic. What you're doing there is blocking the glare which is produced from installing HID globes into a housing which were designed for halogen globes.

The easiest option would be to just turn your headlights down, but all you're doing is using your glare to light the road ahead of you up. The best thing to do would be to install halogen globes. If the kit they've got installed to have the HID's in are like the kits I've seen. All you'll have to do is unplug the wires which go into the ballasts and plug them into your new halogen globe.

Tried adjusting them down?? If not id be trying that first as i couldn't imagine driving without hids ever again.

Agree'd. I love my HIDs, the light is so damn crisp and I can see fking awesome, but as Adam said they are in normal halogen type lights so there is a bit of glare. I just angled them down a shit load and since then I haven't had anyone flash me because of the lights :D

i have tried to angle them down, they dont seem to want to stay down so that is no longer an option.

In reference to "adams" suggestion in replacing to halogen globes, are you saying that I am able to just purchase a kit

which will have a socket suitable for a halogen globe??

i'm hoping If I do use halogen that I am able to utilise something like a H1 becsause there are many options such as diamond vision etc.

My last r32 used h3c globes and i think they are shit and theres no options for brighter globes, just a dull yellow......

If the HID kit you've got installed is like the ones I've seen, there shouldn't be any need to purchase another kit. The original wires should still be there for you to reinstall the halogen globes.

The plugs which are supposed to be plugged into your halogen globes are currently plugged into the ballast which is plugged into the HID globe. All you have to do is unplug the wire which goes into your ballast and connect that up to your halogen globe.

I hope that made sense. :(

Also going to a H1 globe if your headlight originally took H3C, it's not going to be much better than having the HID's in there because the focus point will still be out of place (it will still shine light in the wrong directions). It would be better for you to purchase the newer series head lights which took H1 globes.