SAU Community

gts4 gearbox question???

Mr GTS4

i have a R32 GTS4 "AUTO".. i really really really want to change it to a manual :P but don't really want to fork out the $1500 for a gtr gearbox... what i would like to know is if a r32 or r33 GTST manual gearbox will bolt upto the transfer case off the auto? cos i know it will bolt upto the engine...

i was told that a r33 gtst gearbox is stronger so will either one of those fit the transfer case?

and with the auto gearbox what wires are connected to that, that i won't need on the manual?

i'm getting tired of not being able to change gears...:D

Originally posted by Mr GTS4

...i'm getting tired of not being able to change gears...:D

Of course you can changer gears :uh-huh: Every auto I've ever driven gets driven like a manual, ie change down a gear or 2 when approaching a corner, or crank it back to 1st at a set of lights.

I wouldn't expect a RWD 'box to simply bolt up to the side of the t-case to give 4WD. Maybe a genuine GTS4 'box would be cheaper than a GT-R 'box.

I've never seen the R32 GTS4 manual box however the auto is a standard RE4R Nissan piece with the 4th housing the transfer case. In the non-4WD models, the auto is identical with an extension housing in place of the transfer case.

The R32 gearbox is the weak type compared to the R33 GTS25t type and I doubt the 4WD transfer case will bolt up since its a 3 piece device. Can anybody else shed some light or get a photo of the 4WD GTS4 manual box, or is it identical to the GT-R box?