SAU Community

T4 too laggy for rb20det?

Mase

Any ideas on prices for them? I've had this rb20det in my silvia for under 3 months, the turbo is about to pack it in and the installation people don't want to know about it. I need an upgrade for less than a $1000 so i was thinking if the T4 was too laggy then a series 2 r33 turbo with the steal wheel would be an alright idea. I'll get some stats on the turbo tonight as the guy is giving me the info tonight. THanks heaps for the tips though!!!

Cheers

Hey mase, what do you mean about to pack in it. Is it making noises, what sort. Cause my turbo's been very noisy since day one and havn't had a problem.

But if you're after an rb25 turbo, i know a guy that's got one for sale in brisbane, around the 500 mark, in good nic, was gunna put it in his rb20 silvia but is now selling the car so doesn't need the turbo or gtr cooler.

Hey birty, what basically happend was I bought a bleed valve off the people who supplied my front cut, the bleed valve didn't work with my car and kept trying to go all the way to 1 bar but it hit fuel cut beforehand. Tried various testing and took it back to the mechanics and they found it did not work either with another turbosmart bleed valve. Since that session of testing it has been starting to whine on minimum revs until it starts to spool and then you can't hear it obviously because of the spooling.

Birty, any info on this turbo for sale???

Thanks

Jayson

it'll be laggy and all.

but look into things like cams and that to bring it on earlier :)

I've got a t04e on a 25... and it hits around the 4300 mark.

SO i'll look into cams and stuff to maybe get it down to around the 4000rpm, or maybe even earlier ?? Just gotta play with options.

Also, i hear EBC's can bring a turb on a bit earlier?

any truth to that

Not really.. I had my bleeder that felt like it brought boost on harder and quicker with less throttle.

The EBC seems to come on smoother and is 100% accurate where as the bleeder used to spike a little possibly giving the feeling of it coming on harder than the ebc.

When first fitting the EBC over the bleeder i was dissapointed as it felt slower.

Maybe with a big turbo it may bring the turbo on sooner but with the standard it didnt :D

Well with the Blitz SBC-iD I have it didn't.

he tells me it's a factory t4, no alterations or anything. Im guessing that would mean that yes it's going to be laggy. Not having much luck with finding a rb25 turbo. Anything to look for in particular with these things???

Thanks