SAU Community

Trouble Fitting Remote Ignition

I am having trouble fitting my remote start in my car which I found off an Australian site (Ebay Junk not being sold on ebay which is actually pretty good value!) anyway I've been trying to get the remote ignition to work however i've encountered some problems (and just in case anyone wants to flame me for installing remote ignition in a manual car i went the extra mile and made the circuit go through a neutral switch so it's not complete unless the car is in neutral, hand brake is up and the door is closed). The remote start works fine the car cranks and starts the problem is however is getting the car to realize the engine has been started this is where the problem lays, the car does not register a start and fires up the starter motor again making the horrible griding sound, I'm suppose to wrap a wire around an ignition coil, which I'm guessing is from the coil packs? Please correct me if I'm wrong, which enables it to detect the current flowing from the engine but no matter what I've tried (engine check wire for the turbo timer, placing it nearest to the engine bay, tacho, etc. it is unable to register the engine is on, to double check it is not the device which is malfunctioning I placed the wire near a florescent work light and viola la! It detected the current and registered a start. So now i'm stuck on trying to figure where the ignition coil is however I noticed unlike most cars i've worked on the coil packs are under the engine cover? Please correct me if I'm wrong there too, I thought this might be the case when I couldn't locate the coils or the distribute to check the RMP's on my tacho. If anyone can help me i'd be really grateful