SAU Community

Cold Start Switch/valve?

lunjiaow

I would like to know the same thing. I need to dissable it so it will never enter cold start. This is a temporary fix until i get my idle problems sorted. Anyone know where it is and how to do this?

I would like to know the same thing. I need to dissable it so it will never enter cold start. This is a temporary fix until i get my idle problems sorted. Anyone know where it is and how to do this?
Me too. Apparently there are 2 valves controlling idle. AAC valve which I have found how to clean and IAC valve (which I think is the cold start idle control). I would like to know where it is also so I can clean it. Someone must be able to help us!!!!!!pls

It's located on the underside of the inlet plenum, near Cyl#4 runner.

If you disable it, you will never cure your idle problems. You will have a permanent HUGE air leak.

It can't be cleaned. It is a bi-metal strip that is heated by current to close off a "gate" valve, thus preventing air by-passing the throttle plate.

It's located on the underside of the inlet plenum, near Cyl#4 runner.

If you disable it, you will never cure your idle problems. You will have a permanent HUGE air leak.

It can't be cleaned. It is a bi-metal strip that is heated by current to close off a "gate" valve, thus preventing air by-passing the throttle plate.

Really? Basically i dont have the idle control valve connected at the moment (due to engine transplant) so to keep the car from stalling the warm idle is set to 1500. However In coldstart mode this idle goes up to 2200-2500 which is a pain in the arse. I was thinking since cold start idle should be about 1500 anyway i could somehow disable the cold start mode as essentially my idle screw has it in cold start all the time. Does that make any sense?

Open to suggestions,

Cheers,

Will

Edited by SeRiUs