SAU Community

Dump and Front pipes or just pipes ?

ned

HI ,

After reading back threads, I am considering getting front pipes for a GTR, but wanted advice from those that have whether doing the dump at the same time was justified.

1. Front pipes ~$400 - 800

2. Dump ~$ 600 x 2 :eek:

Q1. Bang for the buck the pipes seem to be better, but I need someone to tell me that the dumps made a huge dif compared to the pipes only.

Q2. Anyone had a custom all-in-one system done in Sydney?

Q3. Brands / prices / pipe sizes recommended ?

Thanks

Ned

PS I am looking for it to help spool up the T faster, and gain low / mid range power:aroused:

I can answer the first question.. anyway the original dump pipe is veryy restrictive and poor design as pressure release from the wastegate goes towards a wall. by getting a better flow dump, this will spool the T faster which then travels to the front pipe. I beleive dump will gain more power than the front pipe. hope it helps. :)

do the dump and front at the same time!

no point doing dump and having stock front pipe, coz you would have freed the dump up but then it goes back into the restrictive stock system(front pipe) :)

adrian:p

ned do u have a stock dump ? full stock exhaust ? do u have an r33 gtr ? if yes are u in sydney ? i have never seen a full stock exhaust . i have an r33 gtr and i want to compare my exhaust with a full stock system to see where i can improve it .

HI

Adrian - I was planning on the front pipes, and then deciding to o both or just the front, never considered Dump with stock pipes for the good reasons you gave!

I had a tuning shop tell me that the pipes were an easy change (DIY??), but that the dump was a cow to change.