SAU Community

why r b.o.v illegal ??

stooj

most turbo cars come fitted with factory ones, i know on my r33 before i modify it when the pressure plate is closed i hear a little wheeeeeesh , sounds rather pathetic but it comes factory standard , its just the ones with the loud PSSSHHT that are illegal as someone said , due to ' environment reasons' if 1 person considers the sound offensive (including your fridge making too much noise) it can be then considered offensive under the epa acts in various states, i know it varies and some it doesnt so check with ur state but in WA i havent been questioned too much about mine, maybe its more strict in some states

Stooj - in my previous post I meant external BOV. Stock ones vent back into the system.

Gerro cops are pretty bored hey? I've had cops round here look under the bonnet - get confused and give up. Another one - whilst giving me a fine - asked me if he should have a look under the bonnet. I said - no officer, it's all legal under there - he said - ok - and left it at that! :D

u r one lucky bastard

in gero once u get a sticker on an import it rarley comes off 4 long

my friend own an 94 r33 gts-t an just recently had it passed then stickered 2 days after it was passed by the same cop that gave him his last three , and he still has a sticker on it

Guest RedLineGTR
Originally posted by caminperth

Stooj - in my previous post I meant external BOV. Stock ones vent back into the system.

Gerro cops are pretty bored hey? I've had cops round here look under the bonnet - get confused and give up. Another one - whilst giving me a fine - asked me if he should have a look under the bonnet. I said - no officer, it's all legal under there - he said - ok - and left it at that! :D

ahahahaha nice

If they looked under mine theyd think ive got some sort of secondary intake filter. I have my BOV silenced with a piece of foam which is tidily O Clamped into place. Looks a bit like one of them foamie socks you stick on quad throttle body flutes.

Red17

Originally posted by summoner

well on my cefiro i've had to change it since the stock 1 was dead. Now its got a nice Greddy Type-s plumb back which i'll get permits for once she's licensed :(

The stock one was dead? Sure it was :bahaha:

200zRRR

hahaha nice too see how geraldtons reputation is goin

yeh mann the bogans r still drivin around in there 5 litre shit boxes

hey u know some of them drive down the main street with the brakes or handbrake on to make their v8s sound louder hhahaha what doodle headds

by the way u should come up 4 a day to see how much its changed......errrr......hasnt changed

sumna, the RB20 bov is f'in loud almost all the time no matter what condition its in, especially if you have a pod filter. Was it really sensitive too? go off just feathering the throttle?

I replaced mine with a much quieter atmo venting bov (Thats not a typo). However ive still silenced this one, coz the noise is plain wanky.

Red17