SAU Community

Attessa Ecu Questions

CeJay

Ok did a search couldn't find anything, Had a g sensor error code come up a few weeks ago, 4wd was not working, pulled the fuse, finally got around to checking the g sensor under the centre console, no red line looks fine, got a new fuse, put the fuse in, 4wd now works so far, seems like my attessa ecu is intermittantly throwing up codes, normally throws up the abs codes, as that has been removed, but apart from that also the occasional other code, ie ets pressure switch

Attessa fluid was full last time I checked it. Anything else that might be causing an intermittant g sensor code?

thanks

Ok I had the car go into 2wd whilst out driving this arvo, after heavy braking, going to check a few things but its shot up 8. 9 and 13, now 8 and 9 are there since the car has had abs taken out of it before I bought it. 13 appears to be a G sensor, now I've checked the one underneath the centre console? it's fine, there isn't another one in the car somewhere? Or is it possible I've got a dodgy wire in the car somewhere causing this issue, bloody annoying

Dug these codes up from an ancient post.

4WD CODES:

LED FLASHES

1. Right front wheel speed sensor or circuit

2. Left front.........

3. Right rear........

4. Left rear.........

5. ABS right front wheel actuator solenoid or circuit

6. ABS left front.......

7. ABS REAR wheel.......

8. ABS actuator motor, motor relay or circuit

9. ABS actuator relay or circuit

10. ETS control unit power supply or circuit

11. Fore aft G sensor 1 or circuit

12. Fore aft G sensr 2 or circuit

13. Fore aft G sensor 1, Fore aft G sensr 2

14. G sensor power supply 1

15. G sensor power supply 2

16. Lateral G sensor or circuit

17. Air bleed connector or circuit

18. ETS pressure switch or circuit

19. ETS motor, motor relay or circuit.

20. ETS solenoid or circuit

21. THROTTLE sensor or circuit

22. ETS oil level switch or circuit

23-

24 or continually ON or OFF: ETS control unit, ground or ciruit.

:D Well the only way I know how is when the 4wd light goes on, pop the trunk and stick your noggin into the boot and look up to the parcel shelf, the silverish box on the left, should have a sight glass so to speak, which will be flashing codes out with an led. count the dots, it will leave a space between errors, and will cycle through after its done, just make sure not to check it in a confined space, exhaust fumes ftl :( lol Not sure if it throws up the errors as well, if you just pull out the fuse.

Like the other guy in this thread, my g sensor line is still white, not red, so I'm a bit lost as to what to do, the only small clue I have is that yesterday, the 4wd light decided to come on when I was braking hard, and it then through up the g sensor code, so I thought perhaps it's a wiring issue?

any helps much appreciated.

well according to the list I copied and pasted

21. THROTTLE sensor or circuit

So no one else having a similar issue?, local shop seems to think it's a side effect of the abs being removed, but it's just intermittent, still driving me nuts....

The white line your talking about is only an Impact indicator it is not a way of telling if the G sensor is inop.

Get the workshop manual out and check the sensor according to the diagnosis outlined in the manual.

Chances are the G sensor needs to be replaced, I have seen a fair few of them with this issue.

Do the same for the other codes you have except the ABS obviously. And diagnosis the problem rather than trying to guess.

If your diagnosis shows that everything is working correctly then it is possible the sensors are intermitantly failing or you have a wiring connection problem somewhere.

However you say if happens after braking hard so its going to the G sensor not reading correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
... now I've checked the one underneath the centre console? it's fine, there isn't another one in the car somewhere?
There's actually 3 G-sensors. Fore and Aft longitudinal sensors located in one unit, and the lateral sensor located in the other unit. Both units are located under the centre console glove box.