SAU Community

Blow off Valves on Auto's Skyline r33 gts-25t.

its there mate

it just doesn't vent during gear changes as the throttle body doesn't close.

if your car is auto, try accelerating with the gearstick in gear 1 and watch the boost rise. then just release the accelerator and listen...

its still effective in preventing backflow through the turbo (compressor surge) as this can happen regardless of transmission style.

Waz.

Yeh sorry guys i was talking bout an aftermarket Blow Off Valve cause i wasnt that "whoosh" sound... so it still goes allright then?

Also all, i hear this sound on silvia s15's and some gts-t's, its a spooling noise with a fluttering at the conclusion of this spooling, i have heard its got something to do with the pluming or something, that the gas is bouncing in the pipes, hence the butterfly/fluttering noise, so my question is...how do i do this? what is it? and is it bad for the car? as in turbo,engine whatever...

thanks once again.

Fluttering = bad longterm

All that is is the compressed air flowing back on to the blades of the turbo, at high RPM these blades are moving really fast...

It wont destroy a turbo.... yes it does sound cool, but over time this will weaken the turbo. If you want to make this noise..... get a aftermarket BOV (adjustable) and tighten it right up so the spring hardly moves (open's) and then you will hear the sound. You might have to run higher than stock boost tho....

nickg,

The standard BOV can have the psssht noise if you put a screw in the small air bleed on the underside of the factory BOV. If you have a pod filter the noise will be reasonably loud and the best thing is the cops can't ping you for it.