SAU Community

Dump Pipes

Tough R34

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, full circular divider?? Its a full split dump, so two pipes, which use a half inset moon on either side devider.... did that make any sense at all??? LOL

Mine is the same as this except in stainless:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/madwob/IMG_1436.jpg

It's coming off the car next week and is for sale (reason is getting bigger turbo, and dont want issues with the waste gate hitting the split pipe, it's perfect for standard turbo though)

Yes a full ciricular divider that goes into the turbos rear impeller to make sure that there is no conflicting of exhaust gases, its the other option besides the half moon, but is used only for your stock turbo as the half moon can be used for stock and hi flow hence the half moon shape :D , used to make these pipes and supply batmobl, if you guys really want something custom made we can do it for you just shoot me a pm...

Edited by FOOLBOOST

is there anyone in oz making quality bellmouth dumps these days? I notice batmbl's website is only selling the split dump and I'd prefer a simple bellmouth. Cheaper to make and just as good for what I need it for.

Could always buy an Xforce because it's hard to f**k up a bellmouth dump pipe but if an aussie made one is not much more I'd rather keep it local!

ok im a newby and dont know jack about exhausts. i have a stock s2 and wont be increasing boost much at all. what would be my best option for a better sound and a bit more power. leaving the stock dump pipe and then buying a hks or similar front pipe. pls explain from front to back what pieces are required and any brands etc recommended.

sorry guys but i need to start learning somewhere:)

About the gktech dumps, ive seen one and compared them to an original hks dump and the difference is very noticeable!!!!!

The workmanship and quality was enough to change my mind and go for the original.. as u see in the pics ive posted earlier.....

i dont know anyone who has tested one so i cant say if they work well but If you were sticking with a stock turbo setup it would probly be ok, they are a good price.....

i also was thinking of getting one untill i compared the 2.

The thickness of pipe wasnt what was said it should be and the welds werent smooth with the joins...

but i was lucky to get a hks for $270

is there anyone in oz making quality bellmouth dumps these days? I notice batmbl's website is only selling the split dump and I'd prefer a simple bellmouth. Cheaper to make and just as good for what I need it for.

Could always buy an Xforce because it's hard to f**k up a bellmouth dump pipe but if an aussie made one is not much more I'd rather keep it local!

I bought the Bellmouth dump/front from Flyn Performance.

http://www.flyn.com.au/home.htm

Fit perfectly first go without any modifications required.

looks the same as i had before i modded it, 2 1/2 " inlet by the looks. doesn't say 3" anywere. going full 3" bell mouth dump/ front now. just got a mild steel one for 60 bux + postage on ebay

go for somthing that has 3" minimum on it if you have a aftermarket turbo. if stock then 2 !/2 is ok (run mine for 3 years without a problem on 12 psi). unless you gunna upgrade your turbo!