SAU Community

98 Octane Fuels

raps86

Hi members as i live in bathurst we have only had 2 types of 98 fuel, ultimate and v-power wich i use but we are geting a new united servo built and i noticed they are goin 2 b selling 98 octane fuel. What are peoples opinions on the different brands as the 2 majour servos out here a making us pay heaps for fuel v-power out here is $157.9L nad hopefully united goes cheaper to help the price of fuel out here. Thanks

a few differences

marketing

price

where its stored

brand

i dont see any reasonable difference between the various brands of 98

that is, assuming that are rated all at an even 98 octane count.

also be sure to note that some refineries arent in all states, so they share resources

ie shell 98 stored in NSW might not be shell fuel, it could be caltex and vice versa

also be sure to note that some refineries arent in all states, so they share resources

ie shell 98 stored in NSW might not be shell fuel, it could be caltex and vice versa

the shell refinery in sydney is going down for more maintenance again until around march next year.

they will be importing fuel from asian refineries (singapore?!)

well different brands of 98 octane fuel dont reall seem to make much difference in mine except for the ethanol blend fuel - I was forced to use some the other day since the servo's in the town which i live in don't serve normal 98, and the amount of smoke it blew was remarkably less (running a microtech with an obviously very safe tune!) also got noticeably better fuel economy.