SAU Community

Coolant Air Bleeders

rob82

Just wondering if anybody has tried additional coolant bleeds in any of the RB range? More specifically the RB26 - there is three coolant plugs just under the coils just awaiting - not sure if its a high point but there will be a shitload of localized heating in those locations.

Edited by rob82

seen plenty of additional lines added to the inlet manifold of the RB26 - im just not sure on the exact spots - one would be the bleeder bolt towards the front.

im interested in the exact locations myself for the 26 -

here's my effort

autosalon135si9.jpg

w640.png

Was there any method to your madness or is it just something that has been taken from the high horsepower Jap cars? Was there any other coolant system mods like pump impellar redesign or slowing of the pump?

I'm guessing that it cant hurt but most GTR's are running that much full load timing that the exhaust coolant ports aren't copping that hard a time. However some of the RB30 with decent street setups are running low timing numbers that will most likely put more stress on the coolant system. I guess what I'm saying is that the higher the average cylinder pressures the less the ignition timing numbers and the more stress imposed on the coolant system.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone have more pictures of intake collector tube / manifold? Old pictures dont work anymore. I have used search. Looking right place where to weld fittings or drill and make thread. :laugh: