SAU Community

Nissan Y34 Cedric - Introduction

sbyder

Well theres the SEVS and RAWS website... But who knows how often it gets updated. So apparentlu Autoproject are still compiling them.

Yes! that's what I was trying to remember haha

Hello all. I am soon to be replacing my V35 250GT sedan with a HY34 gloria for the extra power, looks and luxury.

I getting more familiar with the VQ engines as I go along so I was just wondering for a general service what I use.

My VQ25DD I have now uses a Z445/436 Rico oil filter and 10w40 synthetic?

And the ATF is just a general ATF fluid

Are they the same.

Also brakes. Rotors and pads? Are they shared with other models or unique to the Y34.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Z436 filter. 10W40.

from what i could find on the interwebs: ATF is fine on the 4AT.

few people confused over pads and rotors, so cant confirm. only information was for M45's which may or may not be the same calipers.

currently looking at wheel sizes for these and people are fitting huge wheels but im concerned about hitting suspension or needing guards rolled.

nissan website indicates 215/50R17's fitted to stock wheel... so im thinking 19x9's if fits without stretched tyres (not sure on what offset though).

http://history.nissan.co.jp/GLORIA/Y34/0404/LINEUP/index.html

• 4 weeks later...

just an update on compliance... Autoproject from Braeside, VIC are complying my gloria once it arrives. $2500 for compliance and charging me $500 for import approval application. I dont really trust them and they're communication is bit sketchy but dont really have a choice at the moment. we'll see what happens.

in regards to CVT:

buy from here http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/onlinestore/item/10000682/

$850 delivered. less than 2 weeks delivery. trying to source a service kit from cvt.co.nz

photo_zps1ce3e566.jpg

im hoping that with some TLC and maintenance/correct information I can restore faith in the CVT's in Aus, after someone here was very vocal about their experience (which could just be bad luck and a reliance on workshops/misinformation)

• 1 month later...