SAU Community

R33 Stock BOV

hi guys

this may sound like a really stupid question to alot of you here but my mate was playing round with my BOV on r33 and disconnected the little hose from the top of the BOV and blocked it with his finger and revved the car and it made a mad fluttering noise compared to the standard psshhhh noise.

He said to me i can keep it like that just remove my stock BOV and seal its area with a metal flange and all piping around it and i wil get a very distict loud noise as i have a fmic.

NOW i am wondering is it safe to remove the stock BOV or will this damge anything. i am running 5 pounds ( i know pretty low but my solenoid is screwed or something).

So please i need answer ASAP whether it is safe.

thank you

I personally wouldn't do it.

That sound is the air rushing past the turbo blades in the opposite direction and then eventually coming out your air filter !!

Mine was blocked off, and when I realised it was blocked I removed the metal plate...

J

Guest RedLineGTR

it sounds nice...in time the turbo shaft will get damaged and cause excessive movement. Just get a nice box...get some cool sounds and the turbo will last longer.

don't waste your time with the fluttering..

as mentioned before... it just put's stress on your turbo on gear changes... if you are willing to change your turbo earlier than expected just for a cool sound and worse performance, then go right ahead and block it all off and enjoy that cool sound.